H2Oh dear

Options

Replies

• Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Ok you win tiger. I am going to stop drinking water.
  • BreeJaxon
    BreeJaxon Posts: 128
    Options
    I have a gallon pitcher I keep at work, fill it in the morning and hammer it for 8 hours! Get a gallon in everyday :)
  • TheMrsCole
    TheMrsCole Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Being on this site you learn exactly what other items that diet pepsi is putting into your body. I was a Dr. Pepper'holic however realizing the negatives that it was putting in and how much I was wasting my numbers on them one day I just stopped. It was hard, but definitely possible. Just cut down by one diet pepsi a day. Eventually limit yourself to only one. Then one day the craving will stop and water will actually taste pretty good.
  • ummsmiley
    ummsmiley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I make sure to get AT LEAST 3 liters of water a day and I usually end up getting at least 4 and sometimes 5! My trick is that I buy the "fizzy waters" at the grocery store. They are liter bottles and come in all different flavors and because it is just carbinated water with flavoring, there is no added anything to it. You can find them at Walmart, Raleys/Bel Air, Safeway, etc. They are labeled as a "sparking water beverage". I save the bottle and be sure to fill it up at least 2 more times during the day. When I dont want something fizzy and I dont want plain water I will fill the bottle and add Crystal Light to it (I put 2 of the on-the-go packets in the liter bottle) and its a great way for me to get that next liter down. I hope this helps you! Good luck! :smile:

This is what I do. The fizzy flavored waters are great when you crave soda. Some are better than others so try a few and see what you like. I keep a pitcher of crystal light in the fidge. It's only 5 cal per serving. My other reminder or trick is to make myself drink an entire tall glass of water before I put any food in my mouth so before all meals and snacks. Working out helps too because it makes you thirsty!
  • TheVeganPolice
    TheVeganPolice Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Loads of tea. :)

Get lots of different flavours to keep it interesting!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I have a Contigo too and it is great. Just sucks that mine doesnt have any measurements on it
    you can buy a sharpie and measure out your liquid and mark it off on the bottle.... that may help you. i want to know where to get these spill proof one hand to operate contigo bottles.... my bottles always leak....

I got mine at Costco. They sell them in packs of three. Cant remember how much they are though.
  • LuvonLuv
    Options
    I recently started to up my intake of water. As I work in a freezing office area, I would not naturally feel thirsty. It takes conscious effort for me to be aware to drink my minimum 8 glasses of water. So I have made a plan just as if I have made a food diet plan....it's just a water diet. This is my plan that works thus far, really simple, and because I'm conscious that I failed before to drink enough water, I mostly remember to stick to my plan.

2 (8oz) glasses in the morning before anything else
    On my way to work, manage to sip about 1/2 glass (By the time I reach to work, it's to the washroom obviously)
    Before I have breakfast at my desk, I have another glass
    About 10am another glass.
    Before I eat lunch, another glass.
    By about 2pm I've sipped up to another glass
    Before dinner, another
    I make it a MUST to have one last glass right before bedtime

To add to this: I make sure to drink some water before and during exercise.

I've been doing this for just over two weeks, and I must say that drinking water is becoming a part of me. There's less effort to remember now and I'm not minding the numerous trips to the bathroom. So perhaps you can make a water diet plan...heehee.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Don't worry if your not drinking as much as "they" say you need. "They" aren't you. Your body will tell you if it needs more water. If you're drinking 4-5 glasses, then you're probably getting the recomended intake anyway, since you have water in some of your food, and the water in your other drinks does count, too. I have no problem drinking plain water. I drink quite a bit before meals to help me feel fuller. But since I used to have a serious soda addiction, I still crave something carbonated every once in a while. I find the flavored sparkling waters sold by Dollar General are my favorite. The peach is the best one to me.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Just remember that all your liquids count toward your fluid intake, not just water. Coffee, tea, soda, juice, milk, etc.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Being on this site you learn exactly what other items that diet pepsi is putting into your body. I was a Dr. Pepper'holic however realizing the negatives that it was putting in and how much I was wasting my numbers on them one day I just stopped. It was hard, but definitely possible. Just cut down by one diet pepsi a day. Eventually limit yourself to only one. Then one day the craving will stop and water will actually taste pretty good.

Really? Some caffeine, some artificial sweetener (that has been proven to be safe by countless studies), some food coloring. Flavoring. Oh yeah, sounds horrendous!! Actually, I don't think Dr. Pepper has any caffeine in it.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options

How do you get down enough water?

Thanks!
    Rachael

I have a 59 oz water bottle I found at Garden Ridge.
    I fiil it up in the morning( M-F work week finish it before leaving work)
    16 oz at dinner.
    Weekends (Sat & Sun) I fill up; finish it before 6pm
    16 oz before bed.

Approx total each day 9.33 glasses (75 ounces)
  • debbiesats
    debbiesats Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hot and warm water count too - I've started alternating my mug of coffee with a mug of plain water from the kettle when I'm at work
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Hot and warm water count too - I've started alternating my mug of coffee with a mug of plain water from the kettle when I'm at work
    Coffee also counts. So does tea. So does essentially anything that isn't saltwater or higher than 80 proof.
  • debbiesats
    debbiesats Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It's all liquid - but I do drink more without twitching at my desk if I add in a few plain waters between the black stuff!
  • CulturedCowgurl
    CulturedCowgurl Posts: 136 Member
    Options

My own general rule is two cups of water down before first cup of coffee. If I start drinking coffee right away, I'll nurse that sucker all morning and by noon, coffee is gone and I haven't had any straight water. :tongue: Helps me out.

This! For me it's a diet pepsi but I can make that thing last all day! Thanks! Great tip.

Me two.. you should see me gulping that water so I can hurry up and enjoy my coffee.
  • Haymonk215
    Haymonk215 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use a 32-ounce Nalgene bottle filled with tap water that goes with me everywhere. I aim to drink 2 Litres per day (2-3 bottles) and anything more than that is a bonus. On days where I forget my bottle, I fall quite short of drinking my usual amount. I get headaches and feel groggy. I believe the water bottle is the key to success for drinking enough! Cups don't work. You'd have to fill it up too often. Good luck.
  • golfergirl92
    golfergirl92 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Growing up I was constantly dehydrated. I simply did not like drinking water nor did I really drink anything with my meals. I always assumed I was hungry instead of thirsty. I don't really sweat either....I've been a golfer and basketball player and even after intense meets (I'm talking 95 degree August weather walking 18 holes and carrying my 35 pounds of clubs), I would barely have any sweat on me. Since I've been getting more serious about losing weight, I also bought a Contigo water bottle (32 oz.) and fill it up at home often. I taught myself to drink more by using the miO drink flavorings and was able to wean myself off needing flavor when I drink water because I finally drank 8+ cups a day. Now I take my water bottle with me everywhere! I quit drinking soda in May of last year and don't really crave it that often. I drink coffee and lots of tea as well. I take several tea bags and make orange decaf black tea and keep it in my fridge. I have a 32 oz plastic cup like you get at gas stations and use that only for my tea. I can drink water now like it's my job! Still don't sweat too much though. It will take awhile but you do get used to drinking that much! Drinking more water has also helped me quit snacking at my job as a cake decorator. :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Really? Some caffeine, some artificial sweetener (that has been proven to be safe by countless studies), some food coloring. Flavoring. Oh yeah, sounds horrendous!! Actually, I don't think Dr. Pepper has any caffeine in it.
    Dr. Pepper has caffeine.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Trust me....Dr. Pepper has caffeine. If it didn't, I wouldn't waste my calories drinking it. ;)
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Coffee also counts. So does tea. So does essentially anything that isn't saltwater or higher than 80 proof.
    Doesn't work that way for everyone.