Looking for accountability friends.

Options
Hi, my name is Alexis and I want to lose 80 lbs. I've started and stopped at least ten times now and I want this time to be the last time a start it because I really want to reach my goal! I just have a hard time being accountable, so maybe you guys can help me out and I'll return the favor!

Replies

• ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'd be more than willing to nag you, for accountability purposes of course. :) Add me if you'd like.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm here if you need someone. :)
  • kiekie33
    Options
    I'd be glad to help you out i'm aiming for 65 pounds sending a request now:)
  • megawatt259
    megawatt259 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Alexis, I'm Donna. Feel free to add me and do the same. I've started multiple times as well but have been pretty diligent since the beginning of the year as I'm really in need of lifestyle changes, not vanity changes (although that never hurts as a side benefit :) ).

Make 2014 the year that makes the difference!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I understand if you are asking for support but you have to hold yourself accountable and not a bunch of strangers off the internet.
  • bpcreel
    bpcreel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Add me! I will help you with accountability and motivation! I have also stopped and started a lot too but I have been consistent for the last 2 months and they have been the best of my life. Once you get in a good routine of working out and eating right, it really feels great! I am by no means an expert but I have a drive that won't quit!
  • SD9187
    SD9187 Posts: 1
    Options
    Im in the same boat! Add me! I could use an online buddy to help me out too! :)
  • JesRuizz
    JesRuizz Posts: 215
    Options
    I need the same ... maybe we could nag each other!?
  • cbtomlin
    cbtomlin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have successfully lost over 110 lbs through diet and exercise. Feel free to add me. I log daily and have an open diary. I can always use the extra accountability as well.
  • dmom6
    dmom6 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello everyone. Like all of you, I have to lose a lot of pounds and I have to control my diabetes. However, carbs and sweets are my enemies and I find it difficult to overcome the urge just to eat them, especially at night.
    I am retired and want to go on a trip to Europe this year, but I need to lose some pounds so that I can handle the walking.
    Anyone out there a stress eater?
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    There is an MFP Group called "Daily Dose Of Accountability" It doesn't matter WHAT you want to hold yourself accountable for. It could be your exercise routine, or meeting water quota or whatever. (There are guideline so you can set your own S.M.A.R.T. goal as part of the Intro) All of us there have something we show up daily and say "did it / didn't do it because ......" and maybe someone else can help you find a specific work-around to the "because ..... " so that the NEXT day, you can report "did it".

Maybe join it. (you will find me there as a member)
  • MelissaBranscome44
    Options
    Hey I am in the same boat..You guys add me and we can all help each other!
  • desaree01
    desaree01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm a habitual yo-yoer as well. I need the accountability and I'll be happy to help you out as well. Please feel free to add me as a friend for support.
  • marlea_0619
    marlea_0619 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I could sure use a little extra motivation, too. I'd be happy to nag, cajole, whatever!
    We can do this for sure.
  • Kayzia_M
    Kayzia_M Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I need an accountability partner too! I'll he yours if you'll be mine. Let's do this!! ????????
  • Stef836
    Stef836 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :) I would LOVE that!!! please add me!
  • Stef836
    Stef836 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :) Congrats! May I add you too?
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Always looking for new MFPals!

Lets rock this gig!
  • runcolleenrun
    Options
    you can add me too! (or anyone else in this thread!) thanks!
  • FitnessVixxen
    Options
    Send a FR! :)