Hi my name is BJ and I have accountability issues. lol

Options
i always start strong but then make up reasons to take a break, then an extended break then, then I need to start back at square one all over again. Any help and encouragement would be great

Replies

• SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    Hi BJ, your best bet is to be a good one and rather than take a break, pace yourself and take your time. You don't want to go too quickly, nor do you want to go too slow either. Just find a good pace and stick with it until you reach the climax of your goals. Then re-establish your goals and maintain from there. Good luck!
  • cvsim1947
    cvsim1947 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello B J , May I D Name is cvsim1947, Read ur post and I have been there where u are so know how u feel. If u are doing this alone , it is much harder then if u are working with someone such as a spouse or close friend. My wife and I are doing this together and are doing great, I have lost 21 pounds so far in about 6 weeks . Don't know what else to say at this point except to not give up and just keep trying and u can do it but like everything else u need some will power and someone to help and encourage u . Good luck , wish there was more I could do.

cvsim1947
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Here's a list of motivational *kitten* I was emailed today :) If that's your thing, these aren't too shabby!

“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” -Mahatma Gandhi

“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion.’” – Muhammad Ali

“Neither a wise man nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure.” – Colin Powell

“Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in tenacity.” – Louis Pasteur

“I am building a fire, and every day I train. I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.” – Mia Hamm

“Nothing can substitute for just plain hard work.” – Andre Agassi

“An invincible determination can accomplish almost anything and in this lies the great distinction between great men and little men.” – Thomas Fuller

"I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
  • ashleyefox
    ashleyefox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey BJ. I know that accountability is tough, but you can do it!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    That is what happens with most people. Often at week 2 or 3.

Find a program you LOVE. Remind yourself of WHY you want this. find people to help hold you accountable.
    In the end, you are responsible, but having a team really helps!!!!

Feel free to friend me
    Nancy
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Ditto. That is what MFP is for. So I can be held accountable by a community of like minded folks. :drinker:

And if this is a confession post I also have an unhealthy love for cheese and wine.. and alfredo.. and.. I will just stop now.

Best of luck buddy!
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Good god my mind is warped...I must be the only one too (ffs)
  • Jziller
    Jziller Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I can't even count the amount of times I have started over. We can do this. Let's make this our year. For us, for our familys, for our health. Slow and steady wins the race. :smile:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Nope
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I don't understand all this "starting over" crap.

Just keep going.

\m/
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Nope

No. I just decided to calm myself for a change *LOL*
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Nope

+1
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

Nope

+1

Are we not talking about the store?

512px-BJs_Wholesale_Club_Logo.svg.png
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    BJ, to help you stick with it, make sure your weight loss goal isn't too aggressive, if you drastically cut calories from the get go, you're going to have a harder time sticking with it.
    So a smaller deficit will be more doable until you get in the groove.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,420 Member
    Options
    i always start strong but then make up reasons to take a break, then an extended break then, then I need to start back at square one all over again. Any help and encouragement would be great

Do you know about joining an MFP Group? There is one called "Daily Dose Of Accountability" It doesn't matter WHAT you want to hold yourself accountable for. It could be your exercise routine, or meeting water quota or whatever. (There are guideline so you can set your own goal as part of the Intro) All of us there have something we show up daily and say "did it / didn't do it because ......" and maybe someone else can help you find a specific work-around to the "because ..... " so that the NEXT day, you can report "did it".

Maybe join it. (you will find me there as a member)
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Nope

+1
    +2
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Here for BJ
  • cpereyra831
    cpereyra831 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Could it be that you're trying to lose weight too quickly? If you feel hungry all the time or you feel that you are not having enough food, you should try increasing your calories a little.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

Nope

+1

And again...