transfer calories to next day

Options
2»

Replies

• watto1980
    watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yeah log it for the next day, it won't make any difference. The main thing is you are logging it.

I have gotten up during the night and had a glass of milk and logged it for breakfast the following morning.
  • littlelexical
    littlelexical Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    if i have over eaten (substantially) i will devide the excess calories by 6 & add that smaller amount to the next 6 days as a 'quick calories' - this way, over the week my calories are the deficit i want - but, i dont have to make up the blow out in one day - so it is more manageable & i am less likely to feel hungry the next day & "blow out" again.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have an idea up your calorie limit that way you get more then 1200 a day.

With 12 lbs to lose at your age...you can get away with more then 1200 a day.
  • kchez1105
    Options
  • kchez1105
    Options
    @ Kwantlen2051 I don't think our bodies can be fooled that way. Sorry...

actually the only reason i would think this is because our bodies actually probably don't know the difference!! example if i have 200 cals at 2 am, and someone else gets up for work at 4 am and has 200 cals id think thatd be equal!
  • kchez1105
    Options
    This is my logic:
    If by "going over" you're going to be disheartened and down on yourself, then log it for the next day and eat less - that way you'll still feel accomplished, and motivated.
    If by eating less the next day you're going to be soo hungry that you start binge eating, then don't do it that way, just cut your losses and move on waking up in the morning determined to start fresh.
    It's what ever works for you - whatever helps keep you on track :smile:

@WitchMaevyn that's more the problem! i'd rather try to stick to 1200 in a (relatively close to) 24 hour period. some days i either sleep in or just don't have time to eat enough so the cals i carried over and logged for that day aren't a big deal.

Thank you everyone for your input! New to the posting thing and am overwhelmed with the advice :)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    NO!
  • mssag
    mssag Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    it's not like your body resets at midnight like the diaries, so calorie deficits will work on the average.

just log what you do for the day and restart tomorrow.

Exactly.
    In fact, I'm looking more at my 7 day rolling average rather than each day. I think it's more realistic and sustainable in the long run anyway (i.e., some days I'll have fewer calories, some days I'll have more, but it averages out in the short term to where I need to be).