UK friends aged 40 - 50 women wanting to lose 2 to 3 stones

Options
Hi All. I have been here before. Starting two years ago I lost nearly 30 lbs slowly and in the past year have put nearly all of it back on again.

I stopped going to the gym and started comfort eating and drinking too much wine in the evenings. I can't say whether I will go to the gym again, but I think I would like to try running when the weather changes. For the past couple of months I have been struggling with a disc prolapse in my lower back.

I am a dietary vegan and generally have a healthy diet - but I am an emotional eater and my weaknesses are bread, cake and wine mainly. Too many evenings curled up on the sofa with a glass or two (or three) of wine then pigging out on nibbles!

I need to lose 3 stones in total. So if you have between 2 and 4 stone to lose, are hurtling towards 50 (or have already hurtled past 50)..... JOIN ME!

Oh and because I am currently sedentary, owing to having a prolapsed disc, I will be starting on the standard MFP 1200 calories - so if anyone has a problem with that, don't friend me! :tongue:

For the record I have nothing against American MFP-ers. It's just that the with time difference I often feel at one remove in the conversation, amongst other things, so I would like to stay here in the not so sunny UK.

Replies

• hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am 52 and live in Switzerland. So, there is only 1 hour of time difference. Feel free to add me as I want to really get rid of the excessive weight this year !
  • HowDidThatHappen
    Options
    Hey, welcome to the party! Consider yourself added :flowerforyou:
  • charliemouse70
    charliemouse70 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi there -
    I'm 43 and need to lose around 2.5 stones.
    I was very overweight and lost 3 stones last year (leaving 1 to go) but had a bad end of year, comfort ate & put on 1.5 stones.

So, here we go again.
    I'm doing the 5:2 diet and this app is helping keep track of calories on the 5 "non-dieting" days. I aim to only lose around 1lb a week as I'm looking for long-term, sustainable weight loss and crash diets don't cut the mustard for me.

It's a constant slog, losing weight/keeping it off, isn't it?

I took up running last year (did the Couch to 5k programme and kept it up) but it's caused problems with my hip. I've decided to vary my activity more so am signing up to exercise classes (2 cardio and one tone/stretch) - we'll see how I get on.

Good luck!
  • Teee71
    Teee71 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey there, 42yrs with 33lbs, or 2.5 stones, or 15 kgs also to loose. I too have been here before but this time I am gonna do it!!

Agree, its a constant slog, the days of eating whatever when ever are long since passed, shame I had to get to this weight to figure that out but hey, I am where I am.

I started the running program couch to 5k, well to be honest, I think I have done week 1 for about 4 weeks, not in a row, I am on week 4 of week 1 now, if that makes any sense.

Anyway good luck.

Feel free to add me.
  • HowDidThatHappen
    Options
    Thanks to you both. I have added you. I was so enthusiastic about C25k and I did get to around week 4 on the treadmill. Then I decided to do it outside and realised it was much much harder. Can't wait to be able to start it again.
  • HowDidThatHappen
    Options
    Come on, where are all my UK ladies today?
  • charliemouse70
    Options
    Morning all,

I did a BodyPump class for the first time yesterday. It was a lot more fun than I expected (!) but I'm starting to ache now. The dog'll get a good walk tonight as I'll need to loosen everything up again.

I weigh myself tomorrow. Am doing a 500cal day today.... they're not easy but I'm starting to get used to them.
    I fully intend to have a take-away tomorrow night though! And yes, I will be counting the calories, instead of just going hog wild and troughing everything in sight :-).

How're you all doing?
  • heavenlea5
    heavenlea5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm in the London UK. I've been a yoyo dieter I guess like the rest of the world for over 20yrs. I love the calorie counting and I'm sure this will work slowly but surely. I'm on 1200 cals a day and I've lost 3lbs in my first week, whoop whoop lol. I've got about 3st to loose which hopefully will get my in some nice size 12 to 14 summer dresses. I'm size 16/18 at the mo.

Can you add me please.
  • shropshill
    Options
    Hiya! I'm in the UK, 51, with a lot more than 2 or 3 stones to lose!!! Just signed in today so haven't got a clue what I'm doing!!!!! Help!
  • charliemouse70
    Options
    Dear ladies,
    Unlike the flesh and blood people in my life, you might just understand why I'm feeling a little stunned and pleased with myself:

I bought a 2-pack of chocolate eclairs (YUM!!) at lunchtime and for the first time pretty much ever, I did not eat both.
    I ate one, checked out the calories (250, yoinks) and then I stopped.
    Stopped.
    Did.not.eat.the.2nd.one.

Previously that's never happened. I've scoffed 5 jam donuts in a row before, because I bought a multipack. Dunno why, it just seems like I keep on until I've finished them (bit like my sis and her bottles of wine, lol).

Well gast my flabber - have I finally developed some self control??
    Anyhow, I'm feeling pleased with myself. That leaves 800 cals for tonight, which should be plenty for the lobster tails and roast veggies I plan on having :-)
  • charliemouse70
    Options
    error
  • aka_Kamalevantis
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 40 year old female, from the not so sunny UK.

I started out in November 2012 with 168lb to lose, now I have 45.5lb left to lose; feel free to add me xXx
  • pheebsmam
    Options
    Hi

I'm 43 with 2 kids and at least 2 stone to loose, would love to have lost at least a stone by June, I've done WW and SW (at least 5 times!) , I managed to lose a stone last year doing SW first then the 5:2 diet over 5 months, but then my partner in crime my eldest son went off to Uni and the nights drew in and I've put on about 1.5 stone in 7 months. I'm sick of the slimming clubs so am now just trying a calorie controlled diet.

Any help or encouraging messages would be gratefully received , good luck to you .
  • pheebsmam
    Options
    Well done to you, I too seem to have some will power as I'm sat here next to my hubby who is eating ciabatta bread olives and salami and drinking wine, normally I would have some toast and coffee, but all I've had is a glass of water with lemon even tho I've 189 calories left from my target in take.

Be proud of yourself you've done really well,