starting over

Options
Once again i am on the way to starting to losing weight, getting healthy and toning my body. Getting on here looking for support as I post my results daily. i have lost the same 20-40 lbs over and over again. Wish I could figure out the maintenance part of weight loss and keep the weight off. . :smile:

Replies

• slimnfit613
    slimnfit613 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I am starting over too! Feel free to add me. We could all use motivation and encouragement on our weight loss journeys.

:flowerforyou:
  • minniemichellex
    minniemichellex Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting again too , i sort of gave up last year so looking to start fresh this year and reach my goal, Good luck with your goal, we all need people to encourage us :)
  • AndreaChohan
    AndreaChohan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there usmcgrl! I know the feeling, I lost 3 stone a few years back and its pretty much all come back on again. I'm going on holiday this April so I am hoping I'll have better luck using this site. I'm sure you will reach your goals again, if you have lost the weight before you can lose it again and when you do, remember how you felt when you put it all back on as motivation for staying nice and toned, you can do it!! good luck :smile:
  • Lovehandles65
    Lovehandles65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi There,

Me too! I had been on MFP for much of last year and put back on any small amount that I shifted. I do not do the gym but love walking and the occasional bit of yoga at home. Not loads to lose but it's the nagging 11lb that looks and feels like 2 stone (being short doesn't help!). I love healthy food so that's not an issue but I do need to get motivated. I seem to have lost my motivation for this and what used to be a relatively easy thing to do, has turned into an ongoing challenge! Started today and already fell at the first hurdle! :ohwell:

I hope you all succeed in what you want to acheive from MFP.

:smile:
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I struggle with the maintenance part too. I let stress take over and back up I go. We can beat this challenge.
  • Sheamousemom
    Options
    Me too. I feel off the wagon at the end of Nov. Things just got too busy so now that life is calmer and more regular I am going to try again. I to have the maintance problem.
  • Sheamousemom
    Options
    How much is two stones? I can never remeber the stone to pound conversion. I like stones better though because after you are used to weighing yourself in pounds the stone thing makes you fell much smaller. I am also verticall challenged--or as i perfer to call myself-Fun Size!!
  • JiggleWhenIWalk
    JiggleWhenIWalk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am starting over myself and could use a few friends to help keep me accountable. I am looking to lose 35lbs. It has been a constant struggle with weight since I had my kids. I know how common this is and I would love to hear from some of you so we can share strategies and pat each other on the back.
  • mmorales3741
    Options
    Once again i am on the way to starting to losing weight, getting healthy and toning my body. Getting on here looking for support as I post my results daily. i have lost the same 20-40 lbs over and over again. Wish I could figure out the maintenance part of weight loss and keep the weight off. . :smile:

i think thats the problem for most of us.
    but the idea is a lifestyle change. change your life.

check out the primal blueprint from mark sisson
  • usmcgrl1
    usmcgrl1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So true, I let stress take over and then I pay for it. Will do it again though.
  • usmcgrl1
    Options
    Don't know the "stone" term so not sure, was going to ask also. I too am vertically challenged. Have been all my life so I hate to use that anymore. Just stinks that 5lbs looks like 20 on a short person.
  • usmcgrl1
    Options
    Will do , and I agree it is a life change. I do not call any new eating habits a diet. don't plan to be on a diet for the rest of my life.
  • TraceyG61
    Options
    I seem to start a diet every four months or so. Have done Nutrisystem and started Weight Watchers about 6 times. I can lose about 20 before I get discouraged and give up. Well, not this time. Great to know I am not the only one.
  • cephas35
    cephas35 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We have an excellent facility located in Reynoldsburg call Body Rebellion Fitness. We are a group fitness class and have classes such as bootcamps, kettle bell, step, spinning, zumba, and more. We specialize in accountability coaching. Visit our website at www.bodyrebellionfitness.com… Not trying to sell anyone but it really is an awesome facility. Join our Fitness Pal Community by adding me as your friend. TTYL
  • usmcgrl1
    Options
    In there with you, need all the support we can get. I am a retired Marine so I get mad at myself because I should be more disciplined. been retired since 1997 so not so young and active anymore. . Have fought the weight off and on since my retirement. Hang in there it hopefully we will be posting lots of weight loss.
  • usmcgrl1
    Options
    Will do Thanks. Do have a gym membership and plan to start back next week when weather isn't so miserable to get out in. Last year had a trainer, went to classes mostly zumba and weight. Hurt my shoulder on the weights and had to take a break. It made a lot of difference, lost around 25 lbs. So everything you are promoting is correct, Have been checking out the community more and more. Can't make myself pay for a trainer again at this time.
  • Lucy_6678
    Lucy_6678 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi I am starting again too! I did really well last year until summer break. I'm a teacher. I want to lose those 15 lb again and more. We are going to Mexico this summer and I want to feel good! Feel free to add me as a friend. Ive found logging food and checking every day helps me stay on the right track. Lets make 2014 count! :smile:
  • superdeedooper
    superdeedooper Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am looking for new friends and if you need another one, please add me. :-)
  • usmcgrl1
    Options
    I have done weight watchers twice and have almost made it to goal both times, think my goal weight is to low. But I agree with their program they promote life changes and that is what we need. I don't want to pay for the meetings at this time and feel if we keep getting the support here we can make it. Thanks for the reply.