• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    This whole thread is getting sloppy.

Hello BJ and welcome to mfp!
  • superdeedooper
    superdeedooper Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi BJ with accountability issues. I can totally relate! You can do it!!! :smile:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lrr2jc1k8n1qkmpj8o1_500.gif
  • mvanwisse
    Options
    My work is sponsoring a biggest loser contest. You can (optional) put in $10 and the biggest loser (percentage, not actual) gets the pot. I was wishy washy about it but a coworker talked me and another into it. I think this will help me because I will have to be accountable at work (no more dark chocolate sea salt caramels in the afternoon). It also gives me some walking partners. Maybe you could suggest something to your workplace? I work for a health department so they are receptive to wellness ideas.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lrr2jc1k8n1qkmpj8o1_500.gif

Can't.
    Stop.
    Watching.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hey B.J.

My name is Meg, and I too, have accountability issues. :smile: You can do it, when you find you have fallen off your path, jump right back on no matter what time (middle of the day, etc.) The longer you wait the harder it is. Good Luck on your journey!
    Meg
  • mariecv1207
    mariecv1207 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey B.J,
    I have the same problem but I know we can do it. At the end of the day, we are responsible for ourselves. I'm ready to take full accountability for myself and I know you can too. Just take it a day at a time.
  • clairebelieves
    Options
    I just found some good accountability apps because I have issues with this as well. One is Way of Life. You can put up to 3-4 goals for free (after that you pay a little) and each day it sends you a reminder to ask if you have done it. You can say yes, no or skip (for goals you don't do everyday). Then you keep a running proportion. I am a numbers person. The other is Beeminder. I haven't done this one but it is similar other than you lose money (I am not quite sure where) if you don't do your goal. Obviously you have to be honest though I think that it links to some other apps. But again you would have to be honest there. Hope this helps.
  • BJ482
    BJ482 Posts: 4
    Options
    I love how this conversation has spun rediculously out of control. what does FTMFW mean. I'm new to this online stuff.
  • BJ482
    Options
    Oh and thank you to all the people who are helping me.
  • BJ482
    Options
    thanks