Illinois girl looking for new friends for motivation!

Options
Hi! I'm Terra. Illinois native. A friend brought me to myfitnesspal and Im looking for anyone who can keep me motivated. I need all the help I can get.

I promise to motivate you too!! =)))

Replies

• rennacoco
    Options
    i'm looking for motivating friends, too. i added you as a friend :)
  • reneey21
    reneey21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me too also looking for motivated friends. My username on my fitness pal is Reneey21
  • derra99
    derra99 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I live in Illinois too. I will do my best to motivate, plus I love making new friends. Friend me if you'd like.
  • haddan12
    haddan12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So I am new to fitness pal. I am just wondering if anyone else is concerned about the calorie intake they were given as a goal? I was given 1400 calories. I am 5'9'' and 250 llbs. That is an incredibly low number. I am thinking this may not be a healthy goal. Any thoughts?
  • henllan
    henllan Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi all my user name is henllan and I also live in Illinois. I would love to motivate and be motivated! Please add me and I will do the same!
  • henllan
    Options
  • Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Illinois crew checking in. Feel free to add me if you fancy.
  • haddan12
    haddan12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Actually now that I have gone back to my home it says 1680. Maybe it was a glitch. That sounds a little more doable. Still painful!!! lol. Thanks though!
  • henllan
    Options
    Hmmm I was given about 800 more than that and I am about your size...
  • LovemyMiah
    Options
    Hi there, I am new as well. You can do it. Just stay focused.
  • LovemyMiah
    Options
    I am new as well. I am 5feet and I was given 1200. :sad: :wink:
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    The goal you are given is based on your weight, height, age, activity level that you entered (sedentery, lightly active, etc) and how fast you say you want to lose weight. If you say you want to lose 2 lbs per week, you will get a lower goal than if you say you want to lose 1 lb per week. The more weight you have to lose, the faster you can lose it -- not everyone can or should try to lose 2 lbs per week.

Here is a good guide to how much weight you should try to lose per week based on how much you have to lose.

75+ to lose = 2lbs 
    50-75 to lose = 1.5-2lbs 
    25-50 to lose = 1-1.5lbs 
    15-25 to lose = 1lbs 
    0-15 to lose = 0.5lbs

When you enter exercise, your goal for the day will go up. This is because MFP sets your deficit before any exercise, so you should eat more to compensate for calories burned through exercise. Otherwise your deficit could be too high.

Hope that helps.
  • indethwetrust
    Options
    Illinois native here as well. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I will do anything and everything I can to help and will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and I like to think that I am a pretty good motivator, so I'd be happy to help you get to where you need to be!
  • KnmP2014
    KnmP2014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am also from Illinois :) Just getting started back on here so feel free to add me too!
  • platinumterra
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • slimnfit613
    slimnfit613 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey there fellow Illinoisan....feel free to add me. Need all the support and motivation we can get.

:flowerforyou:
  • TRYN2BHEALTHY2
    TRYN2BHEALTHY2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am going to give this a try and post...I want and need motivation too. Used fitness pal on and off for a while but never had any friends...so maybe thats the key...add me too and we can help each other. :laugh:
  • ashuls
    ashuls Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi- my name is Angela! 5'5", 28 mother one awesome son. Feel free to add me! I'm southern Illinois, about 20 min from STL. Looking to really stick with it this time and lose these 25+ pounds! Best of luck, and stay warm!
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Illinois too...please add me anyone welcome :) Support is great
  • kmaxxx
    kmaxxx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Illinois checking in - would love to have some fellow Illinoisans as friends to encourage me! Stay warm everyone :smile: