Which Julian Michaels DVD is best to start for beginners?

Options
I hear a lot of good stuff about all of her DVD's and everything.
But I was wondering what one would be a good one to start of with for someone new to all this and everything?!
I am looking to lose weight, yes, but mainly tone my body more.

THANKS! :)

Replies

• civrotai
    civrotai Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I gained around 5 pounds because of the holidays/ winter break and such... That brought me up to about 15 pounds that I now have to lose. Tomorrow is Monday and the first day I'm going to start Jillian Michaels 30 day shred! I was attracted to this program because of it being only 30 days and because of all the awesome before and after pictures I'm seeing. Sorry I'm not really answering your question!
  • coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred was the first one I did when I started fitness. Also Extreme shed and shred is good. She has a cardio one burn fat/boost metabolism which is good- but you may find it a bit long as a beginner- 40 minutes plus warm up/cool down. Although you can do sections of it to get started.
    With the first 2 I only lost 1-2lbs but lost inches from muscles being in better condition- the other one is all cardio so better for fat burning x
  • Kaitlinsgettingfit
    Options
    All of her DVD's have a person showing the modified exercise options for beginners. This is great when you are just getting started. Once you start to feel confortable with the moves you can step it up a level and follow the people showing the more advanced moves :) So all of the DVDs are great.