Seeking a new love....

Options
momofGD
momofGD Posts: 110 Member
other than salad for lunch. Any quick ideas that you can eat with a lot of veggies?

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Burritos. (/wraps)

Try mission brand carb balance tortillas- they're soft and taste good, and you'll never have trouble meeting your fiber requirement again (26g fiber in a burrito size tortilla!)

You can put pretty much anything you want inside.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Add some smoked salmon, pine nuts and a decent vinaigrette to it.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Fry some pieces of bacon, add lots of butter, and then frozen vegetables (kale or spinach or asparagus or Brussels sprouts, or broccoli, etc, countless varieties).
  • LPJackson76
    LPJackson76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Fry some pieces of bacon, add lots of butter, and then frozen vegetables (kale or spinach or asparagus or Brussels sprouts, or broccoli, etc, countless varieties).

You had me at bacon.

7Nz4WY04i0GRtCPcsS4Mhg2.jpg
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I throw some Spanish olives, tomatoes on green leaf lettuce or spinach with 1 stick of string cheese mozzarella.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I will second the wraps! Yum!

Also, you can do a veggie stir fry the night before with whatever type of protein you like added to it and just reheat for lunch.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    left over stir fry, sushi, avocado with veggies. I love whole wheat veggie wraps.

:drinker:
  • jgsinfw
    jgsinfw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Stir fry veggies - 1 small cabbage, 2 medium big carrots, 2 green onions, 8 oz frozen peas, 8 oz frozen cut broccoli, 2 tablespoons olive oil. Chop the raw veggies - toss all in a big frying pan, cook and stir for about 10 minutes, then add 4 tablespoons of soy sauce or stir-fry sauce if you want. Salt and pepper to taste. 1 cup = about 73 calories, carb 10, fat 3, protein 2, fiber 3. (This total includes the stir-fry sauce.)

They still taste good nuked the next days.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Stir fry
    Cut up veggies and dip
    Curry with lots of veggies
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I make a beef stir fry with beef sirloin cut into thin strips, broccoli, red bell peppers, carrots, snow peas, green onion, garlic, low sodium soy sauce and toasted sesame seeds. It takes me about 10 minutes to make, and it's delicious on it's own or thrown over jasmine rice.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I always try to eat out.

Hard on the budget though.
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I made vegetable beef soup this weekend, and it gets better by the day! I made my own beef broth, so I was able to control the sodium. Just used frozen veggies, some potatoes, onions, and garlic, and stew meat (cut the fat off and seared it in a little olive oil, added water and seasoning to that to create a broth). It's really good, and you can add whatever veggies you want to it, tomatoes, cabbage, turnips, leeks, lentils, beans, it's pretty versitile and freezes really well!
  • JohnsElan
    Options
    Fried zuchini, eggplant, onion, mushroom. Gently spiced with basil and lemon juice. Throw low-fat cheese shreds on to melt. Top your toast or wrap into tortilla. Damn yummy! :bigsmile:
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    For the winter... veggie chili with lots of veggies, beans, and rice. Healthy and filling. I have some going now in my slow cooker.
  • Jess7170
    Jess7170 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like spaghetti squash with mushrooms and roasted tomatoes, sauteed spinach, peppers, onions, etc.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Stir fries are great … You can make so many different variations !