Workout Music

Options
Hi, everybody! I wanted to start a sort of fun thread, so here goes!

When you workout, what's your favorite song on your workout playlist? Is there a specific genre that helps to get you moving or helps to inspire your workouts? I'm a big music nerd and would absolutely love to broaden my horizons and hear some new stuff!

I tend to bounce around and can hardly pick a favorite song, but right now it's a toss up among "Work B**ch" by Britney Spears (Pop), "Narrow Escape: by Celldweller (Rock/Electronic), and the Bassnectar Remix of "Lights" by Ellie Goulding (Electronic).

Can't wait to hear what everyone's got!

Replies

• MarliQQ
    MarliQQ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I need mindless music when I workout. SO I have switched to "party music", and specifically PA/NJ/MD music. It is mindless and hype enough to keep me going.
    You can search on Youtube for Philly Party Music or Baltimore Club Music. I mean some times I have just about broke out into dance, lol.
  • LaurenEllexx
    LaurenEllexx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I listen to "trap" music hah. It pumps me up
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been in Punk Rock mood when I hit the gym. "Seeing double at the Tripple Rock" by NOFX is one of my favorite songs, but anything by NOFX, Bad Religion, Unwritten Law, Useless ID, Pennywise, Dropkick Murphey's, Sum 41, and the like seems to be doing the trick for me. Also really like The Offspring, and System of a Down when not in a Punk Mood.

Rigger
  • shannoni86
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks, guys! MarliQQ, I'll have to check that music out for sure - I love club beats.

Rigger, I usually hit up some Offspring, SOAD, Powerman 5000, and Drowning Pool when I'm in a badass mood to name a few bands. I do enjoy the punk stuff, too, like Flogging Molly and the Dropkick Murphys. I used to listen to a lot of Ska when I'd workout in the summer - Reel Big Fish was one of my favorites.

Plus I'm a Justin Timberlake fan, so he's usually always in my workouts at one point or another. (And I've loved him since he was in 'N SYNC. And no, I am not ashamed, lol!)
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Some of the stuff that you mentioned before-- but anything by LMFAO-- their music is really high energy and catchy.

Pitbull, Old School eminem, some Rihianna, Footloose, some old slipknot, P!nk

i try to find a little bit of every kind of genre.
  • jackrory344
    Options
    First half of the new eminem album is great for working out to..and I'm not generally a fan
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Cannibal Corpse: I *** blood.
  • Sarasota_Guy
    Sarasota_Guy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    alot of rock/metal.....stuff that gets me angry to power through....Soundgarden, Metallica, Pantera, Mother Love Bone, Five Finger Death Punch, Nine Inch Nails :)
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have a play list called Run..***** Run

AWw Naww- Chris young
    Bymeslf
    Crawling ( lincoln park)
    Pushing me away "
    Drive by - train
    Good Girl - Carrie Underwood
    Kiss this - Aaron Trippin
    Mamas broken heart- miranda lambert
    Next contestant-nickleback
    next go round -"
    SEX"
    shakin hands
    So what-pink
    Stricken- distrubed
    Sronger- kelly clarkson
  • MarliQQ
    MarliQQ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    LOL @ BL_Coleman

Sounds like my kind of playlist...
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Some of the things on my playlist:

Roy Jones - Can't be Touched (always puts me in the mood)
    'Till I Collapse - Eminem
    Remember the name - Fort Minor
    X Gon Give it To Ya - DMX
    Shook Ones Part II - Mobb Deep
    Last Resort - Papa Roach
    Contact - Foreign Beggars
    Fight Music - D12
    You Can do it - Ice Cube
    And of course: Eye of the Tiger (haha)

I would listen to Josh Turner with some Rufus Wainwright in-between but I don't think it is quite workout music . :p
  • scottsimmons9803
    scottsimmons9803 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If I'm strength training I like my hip hop and rap but when I'm doing cardio I like my epic music.
  • Jamie23Durkin
    Options
    I don't have that one song that gets me ready but the music i listen to is either hard house/hardstyle/trance
  • coachpryor
    Options
    check out " denace" on youtube. very motivation songs for working out. like hurricane, will not fail, hiding from me.
  • Lifelink
    Lifelink Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Metal and Drum & Bass.
  • healthyhappyme143
    Options
    I love Rock Alternative like The Arctic Monkeys ( R u mine, I bet you look good on the dancefloor, etc). I also like Remixes of popular songs!
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I listen to "trap" music hah. It pumps me up

This!
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    When I run definitely that theme from Chariots of Fire!!!! Just kidding!! :bigsmile: Actually don't do music when I am working out. Been doing the gym lately for cardio cuz of the cold but in nice weather, when I walk I just listen to the sounds around me. :happy:
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Dada Life! High energy electro :) best for cardio.

I like to lift to hardstyle. That reverse bass makes me wanna get PUMPED. lol
  • becsnz1
    becsnz1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't have that one song that gets me ready but the music i listen to is either hard house/hardstyle/trance

THIS!!!!!

Also haha I do have a remixed version of Chariots of Fire and when I'm jogging with it I giggle to myself and imagine myself running along the top of a hill dressed in white (will so never happen me wearing white workout gears lolz)

:blushing: :bigsmile: :blushing: