Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Morning workut people

Hello!

Every so often I decide that I'm going to be one of those people who does their workouts in the mornings. I do this for a couple days and then I end up super tired by lunchtime. I end up going home and crashing super early. Anyone else have this issue? How do you stay awake through the workday?

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    How much are are you eating?
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    I do my workouts in the AM. Make sure you're eating enough afterward...if you plan on doing a morning workout, hydrate like crazy the night before--that seems to help me. Also, it just takes time to get used to the routine of getting up early. Took me about a month.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    I hav been getting up between 5 and 5:30 am I try to do an hour of Wii Zumba or some strenght training. I sit at a desk all day and have to get up and move around to stay awake somedays but usually a good cup of coffee helps I also go to bed between 9:30 and 10 at night so maybe this helps
    Are you sleeping at least 8 hours a night ?
  • tocara
    tocara Posts: 81 Member
    I find I am energized for the day after my work outs.

I have to eat before and after my work out tho, or else I feel drained. Protein and carbs before and after works the best for me
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Nope. I work out after work. Early mornings and me do not mix.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 671 Member
    Keep it up! After two weeks of being consistent, I get more energy. I crash pretty early, but it does get better.
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member

Usually nothing right before, though maybe I should start. I'm on a daily goal of 1570 and I've been eating back at least part of my exercise calories.
  • I workout in the morning, i get up at 6am and get in the gym for 7am and workout for around 45mins to 1hr, i usually find that if i have a nutritious breakfast (2 boiled eggs and one slice of toast) then after the workout keep hydrated and snack on nuts, a couple pieces of fruit and a tin of tuna i seem to be energised for the day and dont feel tired til late evening, might just need to tweak that.
  • splitaces
    splitaces Posts: 141
    Hello!

Every so often I decide that I'm going to be one of those people who does their workouts in the mornings. I do this for a couple days and then I end up super tired by lunchtime. I end up going home and crashing super early. Anyone else have this issue? How do you stay awake through the workday?

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

for me i like doing it in the morning just because it helps to wake me up, although when i first started training in the morning i got really tired for the first few weeks or so but as my body became accustomed to it i started be more and more energetic, u just need to get used to it, then it becomes easy
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    I work out in the AM, have been for the last 4 years and love it.
    I don't find that i am tired by lunch, but by 9pm its time for bed as I get up at 4:30am to get my workout in, walk my black Labrador and get ready for work @ 9am. Morning workouts are not for everyone, you have to do what works for you.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Working out in the morning improves my energy levels. I feel more awake and ready to go for the day. Make sure you are fueling your body by eating properly. This should help you to not feel so tired.
  • Lesa_Sass

Usually nothing right before, though maybe I should start. I'm on a daily goal of 1570 and I've been eating back at least part of my exercise calories.

How soon after do you eat? How much protein do you eat a day? I would try a smoothie/protein shake if possible immediately after your work out and see if that helps. Do you go to the dr yearly? When is the last time you had your bloodwork done?
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Caffeine and activity! I get up at 4 am, workout, then leave house around 6 to get to work, then after checking email, between 7 & 8, I walk about 10 minutes to get an espresso coffee drink to really get the energy going. I try to walk a few minutes at lunch to get energized again, and by 2 or so, I either grab a diet drink or another coffee which takes me through to the end of the day. I typically wind down and head to bed around 8:30 or 9 for some reading or light tv with the goal of being asleep before 10, so I can start all over again.

One great thing about morning workouts, is you KNOW it's done and nothing is going to happen to derail you from it, plus you know those calories burned are in the bank, so you don't have to worry about overdraft if you eat based on calories you "think" you're going to burn later.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    I workout in the morning and I'm always tired. I go from running to sitting at a desk and I don't think that helps. Try eating more foods that boost energy like whole grains and fruits. Oatmeal, or peanut butter toast with a banana. Feel free to friend me as I'd like know to if you find something that works for you. :smile:
  • I tried the whole morning work out. I found that I cant work out as efficient in the mornings. My body doesn't wake up very fast.

My evening work outs were so much more effective than my morning ones ever were.
  • kerbyd13
    kerbyd13 Posts: 46 Member
    Coffee, im realistic. I am not one of those people that feel energized after a workout. Im quite the opposite, i want to go die on the couch. I eat while getting ready in the morning and drink coffee on the way to work and at work. Im tired most days and im tired when i get home but its the only time i can workout. I am ready to pass out by 7 but have to stay up until 9ish. if you want something bad enough you will find a way and deal with it. Everyday i want to skip the alarm at 430 but this is something i want, by the time i get to the gym i have no choice but to go hard. You wont get used to it but youll deal with it.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Sometimes vitamins helps me. I workout in the morning. Some days I be tired before lunch. Goes 2 bed before sun down, but on the days I do zumba. Its kind of odd for different ppl
  • Lesa_Sass
    Coffee, im realistic. I am not one of those people that feel energized after a workout. Im quite the opposite, i want to go die on the couch. I eat while getting ready in the morning and drink coffee on the way to work and at work. Im tired most days and im tired when i get home but its the only time i can workout. I am ready to pass out by 7 but have to stay up until 9ish. if you want something bad enough you will find a way and deal with it. Everyday i want to skip the alarm at 430 but this is something i want, by the time i get to the gym i have no choice but to go hard. You wont get used to it but youll deal with it.

If your diary is infact accurate, you are no where close to eating enough, that is why you are tired.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    I do it in the morning too, but it's really the only time I can. I've always been a morning person though, so it's not hard for me. As long as I go to bed at a decent hour the night before.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Yes... 8 hours of sleep before your workout. Get some in the night of to so your body can recover.