Full-time working mom.

Options
I am starting anew today - a Tuesday - go figure! I am a full-time working 40-something mom of a seven-year-old and four-year-old. I've been battling the bulge since "settling" in with my hubby (we were comfortable almost immediately). Well now seventeen year and two kids later I am almost desperate to do something about myself. I (we) have gotten into the lazy habit of television and unfortunately I see the same habit forming in my seven-year-old daughter. So I am determined to get moving. And I know if I only do that I will be well on my way to success.

I am looking for MFPals in the same boat as I am to give me motivation and support. I joined in January of 2013, but haven't been doing anything for five months!! I am now at my heaviest EVER and for physical and mental health reasons I need to improve and succeed this time around. Wish me luck - I need it! :happy:

Replies

• janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Remember, you are smarter and you have more discipline now than you did at 20!
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You can add me. . .43, Full-Time working mother of 3. . .
  • hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Children are a great motivator. And a great walking companion.
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The best thing I did for myself was to not purchase cable television. I watch Netflix when I want to watch a show, but I never have the TV on for background noise or vegging out. I have so much more time to work out, be with my family, clean my house, do things for myself. it's amazing. I'll never go back to TV.

Just an idea to help :)
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Full time working mom of an 8 yo boy and 5 yo girl.
  • mnardi123
    mnardi123 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You can add me, a 44 year old working mom, mother of 3, chauffeur, cook, concierge.....Weighed 245 lbs at my heaviest. Never going there again.
  • amysmartin
    amysmartin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Me too, full-time working mom of two, 1 year old and 3 year old. Need all the support I can get!
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place! There are a lot of us working moms here. I have two boys 5 & 8 and I work a full time desk job.

Good luck to you!!
  • minimalistmom
    Options
    I'm a homeschooling mother of 2 with number 3 on the way. You can do this. Not going to say it will be easy, but you can do it. It's about being positive.
  • sunnymolls
    sunnymolls Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to do better, too. I remarried in 2013 and have three bio children (age 5, 8, 9) and two steps (age 14, 17). I turn forty this year and need to take care of myself so that I can be my best for all those I love. Life is so full and I don't have much time or energy for being healthy. It used to come easily and now takes effort.
  • Chelkb
    Chelkb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Full-time working mother to an 8 and almost 5 year old. I will also turn 40 this year. Last year I had a multilevel cervical spinal fusion and gained almost 20 lbs. It's time to take it off and to stay healthy.
  • damezquita1
    Options
    I have a question. I am a single mom and I just started w/ myfitnesspal and I am wondering....... If I have broth for lunch would I also put it under water consumption?
  • Browneyedbeff
    Browneyedbeff Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't think so; If that was lunch, you would log it as lunch. The water category is for how many cups of water you drink per day.
  • Browneyedbeff
    Browneyedbeff Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I too am a full time working mom of a 10 year old boy and 12 year old girl. I need all the encouragement and motivation I can get!
  • kittenkavanagh
    Options
    I'm 18. I got "comfortable" with my boyfriend too and I'm determined to improve my lifestyle! One of my flatmates is doing it also and that's really helpful, so why not ask someone within the household to join in? They'll feel the benefits too! Good luck, Liv x
  • Corpsebride81
    Corpsebride81 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm a full time working mum to a gorgeous 3 year old girl. I put nearly all my weight on through breast feeding. I was never full up and just kept eating them when I stopped feeding all the weight just piled on in one go (really should of read the books properly). So now have lost approx 10lb and am hoping to get to a size 18 by May. So if anyone wants some support feel free to add me :)
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Add me. I am 35 yrs old and work one full time job and two to three PRN companies that equal 60-70 hours a week and have 4 kids ages 15, 14, 10, and 3. One of my kids does martial arts 3-4 nights a week and one does gymnastics one night a week and martial arts one night a week. I have lost 79.2 pounds in 9 months time.
  • musicboxes
    musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good for you to make the decision to better yourself. Being Mom is a tough job, you are always busy, on the go & hardly have time for yourself & when you do, you just want to collapse. Just take a day & a step at a time & you can do this. Do this for you! You are not alone, we are all in this together & on the same path for the same purpose.
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    feel free to add me-I work full time-have 2 girls 8-10-i have lost over 94 pounds-that is great you are starting this believe me you can do this-I wish you luck on your weight lose journey
  • musicboxes
    musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!