Feel free to look at my diary!

Options
My diary is public, so anyone can check it out. I'm just wondering if I could get some feedback on it. I feel like I overdid it with the snacks (i.e, chocolate) and am afraid I won't lose weight D: I stay within my calorie goal, but they aren't ALL clean eating calories...

Replies

• Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    No its bad for you. Its going to take you weeks to burn it all off
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options

I dont agree with that, if she has a calorie deficit (she does) then she is definitely going to lose the weight.
  • Harrisonsauntie
    Options

I dont agree with that, if she has a calorie deficit (she does) then she is definitely going to lose the weight.

No I was joking
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    You don't need to eat clean to lose weight, only a deficit.

You will find that nutrient-dense foods provide greater lasting satiety so you will be able to turn in a deficit without as much effort.

What you probably consider "unclean" foods are not nutrient dense - 300 calories in donuts will only get you so far, whereas 300 calories of boneless skinless chicken breasts will probably get you five times further. Type thing :-)

In looking at your diary, I think you have a pretty good balance of "clean" food versus "treat" food.

I think your protein target is perhaps a little low. Higher dietary protein will decrease the amount of muscle you lose to catabolism while you lose weight. You want to lose fat, not muscle!

Additionally, I'm not sure what your height and weight are, but at your age and with only 6 pounds to lose, 1500 sounds a hair too low to me.

Those last few pounds of fat at harder to get rid of; smaller deficits help.
  • jehavin
    jehavin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what the second poster talking about, lol. Way to NOT be helpful, even if you are "joking." From the few days I looked at, your carb goal is a little high and your protein goal is a lotta low. The lowest amt of protein I will go is 70g and I am only a hundred calories above where you are. Most days I aim for 100-125g protein, which keeps me full and allows me to limit myself to only one "treat" (usually chocolate like you!) a day. Also try hitting some "healthy carbs" for 75% of your goal, (rice, sweet potatoes, etc.) that will also keep you fuller longer and curb your cravings but still let you hit that necessary carb goal. If I were you, though, I would go in and customize your goals so that you are at a 35% carb, 30%fat and 35% protein split and go from there =) Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend =)

Edited b/c the "jokester" was no longer the poster above me, lol
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants 

^Read this. Calorie deficit is all you need for weight loss. Your macronutrient settings should be for health. I love chocolate ;)
  • Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    I have no idea what the second poster talking about, lol. Way to NOT be helpful, even if you are "joking." From the few days I looked at, your carb goal is a little high and your protein goal is a lotta low. The lowest amt of protein I will go is 70g and I am only a hundred calories above where you are. Most days I aim for 100-125g protein, which keeps me full and allows me to limit myself to only one "treat" (usually chocolate like you!) a day. Also try hitting some "healthy carbs" for 75% of your goal, (rice, sweet potatoes, etc.) that will also keep you fuller longer and curb your cravings but still let you hit that necessary carb goal. If I were you, though, I would go in and customize your goals so that you are at a 35% carb, 30%fat and 35% protein split and go from there =) Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend =)

Oh please, like you don't roll your eyes at some things you read.
  • jehavin
    Options

Oh please, like you don't roll your eyes at some things you read.

Luckily my eyes don't control my fingers to type responses, especially those which are unhelpful to someone asking for help/advice.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat enough protein, weigh all your food, and eat at a deficit, you're fine.
  • mmfitandhealthy
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) and the only reason I really asked- to clear up why you would roll your eyes at my question- was because there is definitely conflicting info out there about weightloss. I've heard it's all about quality of calories vs quantity, and I just got a little worried. But thanks for all the responses! I'll go change my macros % and stop feeling stressed haha :)
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) and the only reason I really asked- to clear up why you would roll your eyes at my question- was because there is definitely conflicting info out there about weightloss. I've heard it's all about quality of calories vs quantity, and I just got a little worried. But thanks for all the responses! I'll go change my macros % and stop feeling stressed haha :)

Sometimes we get jaded and frustrated about the misinformation that's out there.

Sometimes that frustration is poorly expressed, and when we're trying to burn the misinformation, instead it comes across burning the victim of the misinformation.

You don't need to stress. :flowerforyou:
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I think I just realized the reason for emphasizing the quality of the calories vs. the quantity... I think it's for people who don't know how to count macros. It would still result in a carb-heavy, protein-light diet most of the time, but it may be the impetus behind all the food-shaming, I think. If you stick to lean meats and vegetables/fruits, you're more likely to hit something like an appropriate ratio.

OP, if you know how to count macros and you're meeting your protein and fat targets while eating a variety of enough fruits/veggies to meet your micronutrient needs, feel free to eat the balance of your calories in chocolate, butter, or powdered sugar. Or all three, if you wish.
  • jehavin
    Options
    I think I just realized the reason for emphasizing the quality of the calories vs. the quantity... I think it's for people who don't know how to count macros. It would still result in a carb-heavy, protein-light diet most of the time, but it may be the impetus behind all the food-shaming, I think. If you stick to lean meats and vegetables/fruits, you're more likely to hit something like an appropriate ratio.

OP, if you know how to count macros and you're meeting your protein and fat targets while eating a variety of enough fruits/veggies to meet your micronutrient needs, feel free to eat the balance of your calories in chocolate, butter, or powdered sugar. Or all three, if you wish.

Good advice/explanation!
    mmmm......chocolate, butter and powdered sugar---I had that last night in the form of "puppy chow!" (but made sure to get my fruits/veggies in earlier in the day!