Starting Again... for the umpteenth time

Options
Hey all!

I have been a member of MFP for a few years (off and on, with new accounts each time, thinking that would REmotivate me).

Anyways... I have fallen back into old ways. Eating for comfort. Fell back into drinking (which piles on the pounds). And just living a very unhealthy lifestyle.

I want to get back to where I was a few years ago... when I was doing insanity... working my *kitten* off and seeing the results.

Currently, I have 21lbs to lose (I want to get back down to 130)... but the number on the scale isn't the main thing... I want to wear my size 4 jeans again. I want to look good going to Sturgis this coming year (if all goes according to planned). I want to be healthy so I can play outside with my kids, without getting winded after 10 minutes.

I want me back. And I am coming back with a vengeance!

I started with the new year. The whole, "new year, new me" thought.

So far, I have lost 1.4lbs. Starting at 153.6lbs. Sigh. :/

Anyhow... I am looking for new friends to help motivate me.

I log EVERYTHING I eat or drink, as well as any bit of exercise I get.

My diary is open.

Feedback is always welcome.

I am going to start a heavy protein diet again soon (I was doing that with insanity, and REALLY reaped the rewards).

I usually use the app on my phone, so coming on the forums isn't a daily event for me.

Looking forward to making new friends... and getting ME back! :)

ETA: I will not accept people with profiles I deem inappropriate. If you are looking to flirt, sext, etc... LOOK ELSEWHERE

Replies

• CorgiGal90
    Options
    I am in the same position. What I feel I need is for a buddie or 2 to help keep me motivated and to have challenges with and just a support system. I have failed so many times but 2014 is going to be that year!
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Same here. Lost like 60 lbs at the start of it all and managed to gain 30 of it back in 2013. Never a bad day to get back on the wagon! We got this! :)
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    When you are ready to lose weight - you will.

Sounds simple, but it is true. Measure/weigh/log every bite you eat. Find something you like to do and do it consistently. Have patience - losing weight is a slow process.

Most importantly - stop quitting. When I started thinking this way - I finally began to make progress. I've been doing this for 19 months - every day. You can do it too.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Both welcome to add me. Also put all the weight back on and want to get back into doing Turbofire every day (hardly insanity but similar in that you can't just jump into it).
  • chelskii22
    chelskii22 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm trying this again!! Hopefully it will work this time for me!!!
  • bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you and almost all the people who replied. I'll be happy to have some new friends if anyone would like to add me!
  • CorgiGal90
    Options
    Feel Free to add me anyone and together we will BRING SEXY BACK!!!
  • Thesethings
    Thesethings Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me too. I'm starting again. My 12's are getting too tight around the middle and pics I saw of me this past weekend made me cry.

My goal is to lose at least 25 pounds by my vacay to Myrtle Beach this summer. My goal is to lose 40 but I am being realistic as far as time. 25 would do me good. I'm almost 50 and sick and tired of eating until I feel like I will bust. I eat just to eat.

So add me to your starting over club
  • SUPERCREWE
    Options
    Good luck.

Today I am restarting my diet/exercise regimen today after 8 months of slacking (foodwise) and putting on 10 pounds.

Need to lose about 30 more pounds.

Mark
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck, I'm still plugging away and would like to lose another 20 lbs or so (but like you, fitness and smaller measurements are what interest me even more than the pounds lost).

Good luck to us. :)
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm right on board with everyone who's starting over again. I would like to get it right this time around. Good luck to everyone with their fitness goals!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Starting over again means you haven't found the "recipe" that sustainable.

Pick an eating habit you can do FOR LIFE.
    Pick an exercise routine you can do FOR LIFE.

That's basically it. ANYONE can lose weight short term. ALL programs work if they are followed to lose weight. Problem is that people go through torture to achieve it and don't sustain it because it's not something they can reasonably continue.

So find an actual program that you can do FOR LIFE. This will stop the cycle of restarting.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Bikini_by_30
    Bikini_by_30 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I too am starting over again. Life and excuses got in the way and Im ready to get back to living the healthy life I was 6 months ago. I miss the energy, the drive, the motivation, and the love for myself I had.

It's time to take my life back and start living. :happy:

Always looking to support and motivate as well as gain more support from my fellow MFP!

Good luck all!
  • sammiedz
    Options
    Starting again today as well! I have fell back into beer and pizza habits and it's time to get back in shape - or at least fit into my clothes! Add me if you want another buddy - I don't really have many friends on this and could use any motivation I can get.

My goal is to lose 30 lbs by the end of June so I can at least not be completely embarrassed putting on a swimsuit - even better if I feel good in a bikini!
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Same boat, same age, same goals feel free to add :P
  • juanitajohnston
    juanitajohnston Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am trying to find my motivation. Maybe it'll be my jeans too! Please feel free to add me. Good luck everyone!
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    This is pretty much like reading my mind. I've been going at this since 2011, fell off for over a year and now I have this newfound motivation. Feel free to add me! :D
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    We are in the same boat age and weight wise. I lost weight and was at maintenance for a couple of years. Unfortunately I let my guard down this fall. In a little under 3 months I gained 23 lbs. AHHHHH!!! I have been working out and using MFP the entire time, but was consuming WAY too many calories. I understand this is a life choice we all make each and every day. Sometimes it does get difficult to keep the momentum. Feel free to friend me if you would like and hang in there!
  • FitnessVixxen
    Options
    Starting over again means you haven't found the "recipe" that sustainable.

Pick an eating habit you can do FOR LIFE.
    Pick an exercise routine you can do FOR LIFE.

That's basically it. ANYONE can lose weight short term. ALL programs work if they are followed to lose weight. Problem is that people go through torture to achieve it and don't sustain it because it's not something they can reasonably continue.

So find an actual program that you can do FOR LIFE. This will stop the cycle of restarting.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I am hoping to find something I can do for life... Other than the habits I've had.
    I hate exercise. I love carbs and sweets and fatty foods (not in moderation).
    So it's one of those things you have to train your body to do. I suppose.
  • leslie_shoemaker
    leslie_shoemaker Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting too! I've been a member of MFP since 2012. Good luck on your journey!