Workout Music

Options

Replies

• kernan1987
    kernan1987 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    "Better Than You" by Metallica is my favourite song to run to. Either that or "She Is Beautiful" by Andrew WK
  • Haileyleavitt
    Options
    to me music depends on the workout. When i'm lifting i like to listen to I stand alone by godsmack.
  • regosaki
    regosaki Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    If you want blood you've got it by ACDC! The greatest running music of all time!
  • Cozmetick
    Cozmetick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    'Til I collapse by Eminem gets me pumped:)
  • Floobaloob
    Floobaloob Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Depends. I'm not really into music, so when I'm at the gym I'll just listen to whatever is on.

When I go running I listen to audiobooks. I used to listen to recorded lectures when I was studying, but audiobooks are nicer and the quality is usually much better.

I only let myself listen when I'm running so it adds extra motivation to get out there and find out what happens next. Currently listening to 1984, not very cheery, but requires plenty of brainpower and stops me thinking about my breathing.
  • Jamie23Durkin
    Options
    Dada Life! High energy electro :) best for cardio.

I like to lift to hardstyle. That reverse bass makes me wanna get PUMPED. lol
    Only other hardstyle fan i have seen on here. This makes me happy that i'm not the only one :)
  • aesquivel47
    aesquivel47 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump to get the great suggestions!
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    especially this:

• silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I've been listening to a lot of RAC remixes that I got from youtube. My old playlist got very dull for me and not quite as motivating, but this update has really helped.
  • coachpryor
    Options
    If you want blood you've got it by ACDC! The greatest running music of all time!

lol and most over played for pumping people up. when acdc comes on im like oh god here we go can we get any more cliché ;)
    but to each his own
  • coltsgirl311
    coltsgirl311 Posts: 226 Member
    Options

I second this!!
  • emboslice94
    Options
    Loving Baauer recently!
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    There are various good electronic podcasts on iTunes, including ones from Drumcode and Rhythm Converted. The Drumcode episode recorded at Output, Brooklyn is just awesome . . .
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Depending on what I'm doing my workout music can vary from Berzerk by Eminem to Bound 2 by Kanye west ( ya I said it...don't judge me). I totally rock out to the Miley Cyrus album..again no judging. But my one of my top songs (esp. for running) is "Clear Blue Sky" by Skylar Grey.
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I NEED ROCK/ METAL!!! To really go hard. IRON MAIDEN, SLIPKNOT, ANYTHING ALONG THOSE LINES FIRES ME UP.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I listen to techno party rock. LMFAO, Peaches, Deadmau5 and my new favorite is Hypercrush
  • shannoni86
    Options
    Floobaloob, I never thought of that! I don't do much distance running, though, but when I really kick it into high gear with that (thinking about training for a half - I want to set a goal for the Disney Princess Half soon). That's an awesome idea!

I use a lot of rock/metal when I workout. Can someone explain to me what hardstyle or trap is? I don't think I've listened to that genre, but y'all have me curious!

I've got to admit, I'm sort of in love with the new single Pitbull did with Ke$ha - "Timber." It always makes me want to work it. I've also found a lot of lesser known dance/electronic artsists on youtube like At Dawn We Rage, and he did an outstanding remix to Ellie Goulding's "Burn."

What is the most off the wall song you have on your playlist?
  • MarliQQ
    MarliQQ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Depends. I'm not really into music, so when I'm at the gym I'll just listen to whatever is on.

!!!!!! :O That hurt my heart. Everybody has to have a soundtrack to their life. Your first kiss, prom, when you lost your virginity, the last party you were drunk at...Hence there has to be something you are " in to"...Gonna be quiet now.....
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I usually do rock. It gets me pumps and keeps me going. Love Volbeat, Tool, and Five Finger Death Punch.