P90x nutrition guide or low carb diet?

Options
I'm going to start p90x and their meal plan is based on 50/30/20 for protein carbs and fat their meal guide is ok but some recipes require to many ingredients and I had the same problem with insanity because it was on the pricey side my mother in law has done atkins a few time and swears by it and p90x fat shredder level 1 which is where I'll be starting at seems to be low carb really trying to find a decent meal plan so it wont hurt pockets thats much also good protein bars or powders suggestions would be great as the beachbody ones are tad exepensive to just wondering opinions out there hopefully I don't get rude responses I am not a beachbody coach either feel free to look it up

Replies

• DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Expensive *
  • coachpryor
    Options
    I personally found the p90x diet to general and easy to "cheat"
    have you ever tried a low carb diet? or no carb? its not easy though and many people fail.

google "anabolic diet" for all round weight loss this is a beast. you can modify it with adding lots of veggies but I lost 20 pounds on it while doing p90x so its a good combo.

also its simple to follow where if you have to many food choices it may de rail you
  • DJ478
    Options
    Thanks I have never done low carb before so that's why I was looking for suggestions and if you don't mind me asking can you give me an example of one of your meals for a day
  • kayla1025
    kayla1025 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Ive always given in to the low carb diets... they are sooo hard to follow! I get super hungry on them and cave... but I think as a basis they are good to follow but add in here and there with what you need.

As far as protein bars go, I like one called pure protein, ive gotten them from wal mart, safeway, and costco. There are also pre-mixed drinks of them as well from costco. that are good.
  • DJ478
    Options
    Thank you i shall look into the power bars
  • NoStoppingNow77
    NoStoppingNow77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm starting p90x today and I too am stressing over how to get in all that protein. I don't want to drink 4 protein shakes a day and I can't really afford to be eating 3lbs+ of chicken daily. I realize that this phase won't be long lasting but it's going to be HARD.
  • DJ478
    Options
    I'm starting p90x today and I too am stressing over how to get in all that protein. I don't want to drink 4 protein shakes a day and I can't really afford to be eating 3lbs+ of chicken daily. I realize that this phase won't be long lasting but it's going to be HARD.

Good luck I ended up quitting p90x after 1 at week pretty long workouts thinking abt doing it in end of March after insanity
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The only thing I would do is follow their recommended calorie intake. I adjusted my macros to 40/30/30 c/p/f because this allowed me to hit 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass, .35g of fat per lb of lean body mass.

I use some of the recipes, but outside of that, just incorporate foods you love. There is NO special diet or foods that will help you shed fat.. only a calorie deficit. Going low carb will only shed water weight, which you gain back once you induce carbs into your diet.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Why?