What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
Looking for some breakfast options. Currently I usually eat hardboiled eggs and some fruit.

I have some parameters:
- it can't be cooked that morning
- it needs to be easily transported
- it can't be oats
- doesn't have to be big

I do have access to a microwave though.

Thanks

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    On Sundays, I cook up sausages or burgers (either store bought or homemade with ground meat and flavorings)
    And I fry two eggs or scramble two eggs. I undercook the eggs since I re-heat everything in the microwave at work.

emilybites.com has this hasbrown/sausage/cheese muffin that is delish.

Could do frittatas and fruit.
    Leftovers from dinner (ate sushi at 10am for breakfast one day)

Greek yogurt, some granola, and fruit - go for the 2% so it helps with satiety.
  • subzerolv
    subzerolv Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I eat a couple whole wheat english muffins with a little peanut butter. I also take a couple bananas with me to work to have as a mid-morning snack.
  • darkangel45422
    darkangel45422 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I personally eat eggs fried in butter and sausages or bacon (I like turkey bacon or chicken bacon for taste but that's me) just about every morning. Takes me all of 5-10 minutes to cook up, but could easily cook ahead of time too.
  • shall1112
    Options
    On Sundays, I cook up sausages or burgers (either store bought or homemade with ground meat and flavorings)
    And I fry two eggs or scramble two eggs. I undercook the eggs since I re-heat everything in the microwave at work.

emilybites.com has this hasbrown/sausage/cheese muffin that is delish.

Could do frittatas and fruit.
    Leftovers from dinner (ate sushi at 10am for breakfast one day)

Greek yogurt, some granola, and fruit - go for the 2% so it helps with satiety.

Do you make them with or without the potatoes? I'm intrigued.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake nearly every morning. Easy, thirst quenching and super filling.
  • thepezzle
    thepezzle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've been eating leftovers for breakfast.
  • tegalicious
    Options
    I have a banana, a clementine, 10 almonds, a prune, a dried apricot, a dried fig, two carbmaster yogurts, a fiber one brownie and coffee. So many coffees.
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I eat a homemade egg sandwich and an apple with peanut butter. I can't say that my sandwich is really "cooked." I pop a whole grain english muffin the toaster, nuke a frozen egg patty for 45 seconds, put some ham and cheese on the egg, nuke another 15 SECONDS. By this time, the english muffin is ready - assemble and eat on the way to work. Maybe 1.5-2 minutes tops? (I eat the apple and pb when I get to work).

Edited because I said I nuke my sandwich 15 minutes - ick!
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I make a healthy version of rice pudding and keep it in the fridge for snacks. You could make it and keep it in small tupperware bowls to transport. It's really filling and good, and with brown rice it is a decent enough carb.
  • delaneyrae96
    Options
    Special K cereal bar and a fruit of some sort usually
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Fat free, plain Greek yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup All Bran cereal, 1/8 cup raisins (allergic to berries or I'd have some of those instead), 1/2 oz walnuts, 1/2 TBSP hemp hearts and 1/2 TBSP Chia seeds. Easy to portion out the dry stuff into baggies and take a container of yogurt to work. Yum!
  • minimalistmom
    Options
    Peanut butter toast and a piece of fruit or carrots. Whatever is calling my name.
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    scrambled egg with cheddar cheese rolled up on tortilla with chopped red peppers.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    breakfast burrito.. egg, cheese, sausage, wheat tortilla. could make ahead and freeze to take to work. only about 300 cals
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    You can make a substantial breakfast in the morning in less than 10 minutes.

Bagel thin.
    Lunchmeat.
    Cheese.

Put in George Foreman until the cheese is melted.
  • briannanoelg
    Options
    I have a protein shake for breakfast. whey protein scoop mixed with vanilla almond milk, and I pop my vitamins. If I'm hungrier than usual I'll also eat a banana or an apple.
  • jla1908
    jla1908 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30 days of green smoothies for breakfast. I'm on day 11. Otherwise, I would eat an omelette (egg whites or regular) with onion, peppers, and deli meat; eggs and turkey bacon; a bowl of cereal; or drink a protein shake. I'm not too creative Lol.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I like Gerber Rice Baby Food... I put it in Unsweetened Almond milk and nuke it when I get to work. Hard Boiled eggs are fast and easy transport. I also do an almond butter, banana smoothie with the almond milk in the blender. Quick blending, put it in a solo cup and drink it on the way to work. I was not a breakfast eater and like all dr's, mine gave me the 3rd degree about kick starting my metabolism and the "most important meal of the day" lecture. Fruit salad mostly with Berries and watermelon. High in natural sugars so if I do that I don't have anymore fruit for the rest of the day. Throws the macro off a bit tho ;(
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Normally just coffee and toast.
  • KaylaBushman
    Options
    my very favorite thing as of late is oatmeal with berries.

I do Nature Path's organic instant oatmeal packets because they are easy to take to work. And then I take a cup of frozen berries and nuke them in the microwave for a couple minutes until they break down and get all Juicy,

Then I dump the berries over my oatmeal and then enjoy.

Its totally delicious!

Edited to add, the oats can be substituted for cooked quinoa, or cream of wheat., delicious in all its varieties.