workouts

Options
ok so i try to eat clean during the week and most of the weekend, (better choices), although my husband likes to eat out on fridays. so tonight he has decided he wants pizza. so my question is that when you know you have the one bad decision is it pointless to work out afterwards. i usually workout 5 times a week and work out about 6:30 7ish. i know it seems late but that time works best for me. sometimes i feel guilty for eating like that and them working out. i guess i feel like it defets the purpose.

Replies

• jmmtaylor
    Options
    Doesn't defeat the purpose....just work out a bit harder. I don't eat healthy healthy. Today for lunch we had Burger King...and last week for dinner one night we had pizza...and the leftovers for lunch and still lost a pound. Just don't over eat the pizza (like half of a large by yourself) and you'll be fine. DON'T SKIP THE WORKOUT!!
  • BughaBear
    Options
    Skippin a workout isnt a good decision even if u didnt eat "healthy" like the other lady said just work harder know u have a few more calories u need to work cause of ur intake. I had chilis yesterday even if it was soup and salad but after we ate we walked the mall and a few other places for about 2 hrs or so.
  • megamix12
    Options
    I have been sitting at work (bored) eating all day long. A snack here a snack there. I keep telling myself to stop, its just boredom but I continue to eat. Anyway my point is I only have around 350 calories left for the day and its only 3pm where I live. I KNOW that I will consume more than that for dinner. I don't normally go to the gym on Friday night BUT because I know I am going to be over my calories today without it, I am forcing myself to go. I know I will feel better about it in the morning :) So my advice would be, only eat 2 slices of pizza and go to the gym. Pizza in moderation isn't bad for you so no need to feel guilty- especially if you follow it up with a great sweat session! PS. Enjoy that pizza for me ;)
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be mean, but you're being a little illogical.

If you don't workout you will have an even worse net calories for the the day. If anything you should be trying to workout more so that you can actually enjoy your dinner with your husband!
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    well i really don't know my calories but for breakfast i had the quaker strawberry instant oatmeal made with hot water, lunch an avacado salad w/ grilled chicken and no snack yet. so its probably not that bad as far as my intake, but i guess i have always heard pizza is so bad for you. maybe its just all in my head. but i will be working out tonight i don't normally work out on fridays either but i didn't work out yesterday so today is a must.
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Anything in moderation works for me. If I try to eliminate any food from my diet, it just makes me want it more. You can plan for anything, just don't make it a habit. :happy: Chocolate is my downfall, but I allow myself one little square (56 cal) of an 85% dark cocoa bar every week. Some weeks, I completely forget & don't eat it! But just knowing I can have it every week has kept me out of the decades-long candy bar and M&M habit so far! And definitely work out - that helps offset any calories you go over and you'll feel better in the long run anyway.
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Anything in moderation works for me. If I try to eliminate any food from my diet, it just makes me want it more. You can plan for anything, just don't make it a habit. :happy: Chocolate is my downfall, but I allow myself one little square (56 cal) of an 85% dark cocoa bar every week. Some weeks, I completely forget & don't eat it! But just knowing I can have it every week has kept me out of the decades-long candy bar and M&M habit so far! And definitely work out - that helps offset any calories you go over and you'll feel better in the long run anyway.

its funny you say that because i have a sweet tooth and i buy the dove darch chocolate squares and i have one after lunch to satisfy my sweet craving.