Sweet ideas? Anyone?

Options
gecho
gecho Posts: 426 Member
Anyone have an idea of something i can do for soemthing sweet that stays kinda calorie friendly?
I'm craving sweet, Sadly i need something portable, doesn't have to be in the fridge and NOT a prepackaged thing. (like those 100 cal packs of cookies)

Replies

• YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Reddi Whip Fat Free Whipped Cream. 200 calories in the whole can. 5 per serving.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Bag up some raw pineapple slices.
  • WeakCalves
    WeakCalves Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love that oikos organic greek yorgurt honey or strawberry. it is very creamy, has a 120 calories and 13 grams of protein. It's delicious and it is my favorite snack.
  • mcanals123
    Options
    bump i need some too
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    vita muffin muffin tops. 100 cals and good for ya for the most part. M&M pretzels. 150-170 cals. I know lots of sugar but if you're cravin' it...
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Reddi Whip Fat Free Whipped Cream. 200 calories in the whole can. 5 per serving.

This made me giggle for some reason. I can so see myself walking around eating whip cream from the can/bowl. LOL!
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options

This made me giggle for some reason. I can so see myself walking around eating whip cream from the can/bowl. LOL!

made me laugh 2, but at the same time it sounds pretty dang good to me! I love to just sit and eat whip cream!
  • GunNut37086
    GunNut37086 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't put sugar in anything now, just the pink packets. That being said...EVERYTHING with any kind of real sugar tastes insanely sweet now. That's not a complaint, I'm VERY happy about this, b/c even a banana or other fruit tastes great now.

Otherwise, I LOVE the low carb light yogurt cups (80 calories). I put them in the freezer for 30-45 minutes and pretend like I'm eating ice cream.

Confession: I bought an 8 pk of Fun Size mint 3 Muskateers. They have 67 calories each and I've 2 already this week to get my chocolate fix on.
  • tristalin
    tristalin Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I like the Fiber Plus Bars--140-150 calories each depending on which flavor.

If you are open to semi-baking, you can always make Black Bean Brownies. They are super easy. Drain and rinse a can of black beans. Add water to the can til full & puree it. Mix with one box of brownie mix (the 9x13 size). Mix and bake according to directions. I made a pan of the fudge type & cut a 9x13 pan into 12 huge pieces. Each piece was only around 200 calories. You get extra fiber from the beans & they are filling. Not as sweet as when made the traditional way, but it does the trick for me! (Also, if they aren't chocolatey enough for you or if you want to play around with other flavors, consider adding a cup of chocolate chips, mint chocolate chips, etc.) I swear you can not taste beans!!!
  • thatklutzychick
    thatklutzychick Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Homemade Rice Krispy treats are a go-to for me when I want something sweet. You just have to be careful about how big you make your slices! I use the standard recipe on Kellog's website but use margarine instead of butter and make sure I get 24 servings out of it. Each serving is 78 calories.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options

made me laugh 2, but at the same time it sounds pretty dang good to me! I love to just sit and eat whip cream!

Sometimes I'll go through half a can in a day, and I don't even feel bad because it's only 100 calories. With that being said, I wouldn't recommend doing that too often :P
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Fruit.
  • lms2486
    lms2486 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

If you are open to semi-baking, you can always make Black Bean Brownies. They are super easy. Drain and rinse a can of black beans. Add water to the can til full & puree it. Mix with one box of brownie mix (the 9x13 size). Mix and bake according to directions. I made a pan of the fudge type & cut a 9x13 pan into 12 huge pieces. Each piece was only around 200 calories. You get extra fiber from the beans & they are filling. Not as sweet as when made the traditional way, but it does the trick for me! (Also, if they aren't chocolatey enough for you or if you want to play around with other flavors, consider adding a cup of chocolate chips, mint chocolate chips, etc.) I swear you can not taste beans!!!

What size can of beans??
  • shannonichole
    Options

Fiber One Bars have a 90 calorie version that taste really good!

What about frozen cantaloupe balls? Just scoop them with a small melon baller and pop them in the freezer. Might be good with that Reddi Whip Fat Free Whipped cream! :laugh:
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    fruit and/or yogurt

and my new favorite packaged thing is nonni's biscotti, because i can put in my purse and it is only 110 calories. and the crunch is very satisfying :bigsmile:
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I love dark chocolate now.
    Frozen Grapes-just like icecream!!
    Yogurt
    Suprisingly enough, raw almonds curb my sweet tooth.
    Some people who don't watch their carbs use skinny cow ice cream, I do so I use Breyers carb smart. I have one almost every night!!!
  • nellajane24
    nellajane24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    an apple with light laughing cow cheese on it- the combo of the two tastes almost like a caramel apple. that, or my main go to sweets are sugar free jello w/coolwhip free, or sugar free chocolate pudding- that one does the trick on the really tough days.
  • saychzzz
    saychzzz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like the Nature Valley Sweet and Salty Almond Bars- or the Cashew if you can find them!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    vita muffin muffin tops. 100 cals and good for ya for the most part.

These are good! And they are filled with good stuff. The Cran-Bran is sort of tasteless, but the chocolate is yummy and so is the banana nut.