Lessons I Have Learned

Options
1. I eat every 2.5-3.5 hours (depending on how big my last meal was). Too much longer & I get a blood sugar low & I end up giving into my binge cravings.

2. I no longer buy cheese, unless it is feta or cottage. I just can't be trusted around it lol

3. I no longer buy popcorn on a regular basis. I'll eat it every day until it's gone if I have it in the house! I haven't had popcorn in a week or two. *not that popcorn is bad, but when it's 10cups coated in butter...ya it's horrible then)

4. Thin dark chocolate squares. I store them in the freezer and let them melt in my mouth. Works like a charm. All cravings satisfied for only 30 calories a square! (And I used to hate dark chocolate, but who knew that when I slowed down & savored it I'd love it!)

5. My Team Leader (supervisor) @ work loves to bake for us. When I find myself wanting some of itI drink 2-6 ounces of coffee. It puts a bitter taste in my mouth & supresses my cravings majorly. I do the same thing if I do cave-I need the taste of the food out of my mouth ASAP otherwise I go back for more!

6. I drink my coffee black now, and I like it!

Replies

• Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    I love black coffee now too! I find that when I have something to sip on, I don't think about the food as much.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Good lessons! Especially about the cheese! :laugh:
  • balston2010
    balston2010 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i love black coffee and black tea!!!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Black coffee is the best! Makes everything so much simpler...

Charmagne
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Rjperron: sooooo true!! I always have a 750mL (3 cup) water bottle with me with one of those easy to sip spouts. I'm sure I look like an idiot always drinking out of it but it works amazingly well!
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    you have cheese... I hide peanut butter from myself. I used to not buy it at all, but now my bf eats it and I keep it out of sight... no PB Binges for me in a longggg while :-D
  • moni8
    moni8 Posts: 5
    Options
    feta has a lot sodium, I used to eat it , :)
  • eillamarie
    Options
    Feta does have a lot of sodium, but I don't eat much of it (cuz honestly it tastes horrible unless mixed with specific foods lol) & I don't eat a lot of sodium in general (I'm always well under my daily sodium quota, almost under daily by 500-1,000). So it balances out nicely :)
  • eillamarie
    Options
    LOVEsummer: I used to be the same with peanut butter, but for whatever reason I've gotten a million times better with it & I still eat it almost daily!
  • AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    awesome lessons!!!! Its amazing what we all learn when we go back and see how we used to live! :)
  • moni8
    moni8 Posts: 5
    Options
    feta cheese tends to have a lot of salt , I used to it a lot,. I seldom have it now.:wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!