Is bread evil !

Options
13»

Replies

• Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I know people are worried about a zombie apocalypse but heed the warning I saw on the news:

h9BB780F5
  • fannytoot
    fannytoot Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This post has totally cheered me up love some of he comments .!!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i haven't eliminated anything completely but always a good idea to read labels...some are far more nutritious than others.
    If you are trying paleo, then yes, bread is bad. But if you are doing some other plan, it's fine. Try to find brands that have very little or no sugar in them. Ezekiel brand (freezer section or natural foods) has no sugar at all. Just sprouts. Like others have said, it isn't the bread itself, it's the calories. Note that some brands have a higher calorie count and lower fiber/protein count than others. You'll stay full longer if you go for the brands that have more protein and fiber in them.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I think Ill never cut out bread. Love sandwiches too much.

Never that serious. lol

Edit: Orowheat Sandwich thins 100 calories and deeellliiiiccccciiiiioooooosssss!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Bread is not evil. Bread is delicious. Good bread is one of the great pleasures of life.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Bread can't be evil! They gave it to me at church this one time! (With a nice demi-sec red.....sacrilicious!)
  • mssierra2u
    mssierra2u Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    For me, it's a gateway carb! :blushing: I love it! But it's hard to limit.
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Does this look evil?

GarlicBread06-thumb-596x350-247802.jpg
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Of course...

devilbread.jpg

I was planning to come in this thread and say that yes, bread is very evil and that bread sneaks down chimneys after Santa's been and takes the kiddies presents away, poops on the carpet and then leaves. But that pic is waaaaay too cute, bread couldn't possibly do anything so evil....

on a more serious note, I find that it's very easy to overeat on bread, and that it's very calorie dense, I can easily bump up a meal's calories by 300-400 just by including bread in the meal versus the same meal without bread, and it doesn't make that much difference to how full I feel. So it's something that's easy to cut out when cutting and easy to include when bulking, and I can see why, in people that don't track calories, it can lead to overeating..... but if you track your calories carefully you can eat bread and still lose weight. So go for it if you want to.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    i looked bread right in the eye(s) and said

bread....
    Oooh

We're no strangers to love
    You know the rules and so do I
    A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
    You wouldn't get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
    Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna run around and desert you
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye
    Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We've known each other for so long
    Your heart's been aching, but
    You're too shy to say it
    Inside, we both know what's been going on
    We know the game and we're gonna play it

And if you ask me how I'm feeling
    Don't tell me you're too blind to see

Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye

(Ooh, give you up)
    (Ooh, give you up)
    Never gonna give, never gonna give
    (Give you up)
    Never gonna give, never gonna give
    (Give you up)

We've known each other for so long
    Your heart's been aching, but
    You're too shy to say it
    Inside, we both know what's been going on
    We know the game and we're gonna play it

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
    Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye

tumblr_li9nogR9Wv1qhjikro1_500.gif

That bread is so lucky. I am jealous!
  • fannytoot
    fannytoot Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Lol...After all that I have decided bread isn't evil after all...I suppose it's what you put in it and on it ! Thanks for making the debate fun everyone :) x
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    In moderation it should be fine!

I have cut bread out of my diet mostly, only having wholemeal if I have soup.

I love bread mainly because it is so easy to prepare lunch with, so I really wanted to challenge myself to be more creative with my healthy eating.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    YES!

But I have a gluten and wheat allergy...

And egg and milk allergy...

Oh, and a soy allergy. You'd be hard-pressed to find a bread without soy in it.

Seriously. I miss bread. It's one of the most simple, yummy foods in the world!

Nice to find someone with the same allergies - I'm a coeliac but also cant have egg, soya and milk plus a few extra ones for good fun.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Evil? No. But I'm avoiding it. Personal choice
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    No, bread is not evil. Have you ever been to Paris, France? They eat baguettes daily. They are all skinny as a rail there. And they eat great food too. Again, skinny as rails, they eat bread & fatty foods. They do WALK a lot.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    No, bread is not evil. Have you ever been to Paris, France? They eat baguettes daily. They are all skinny as a rail there. And they eat great food too. Again, skinny as rails, they eat bread & fatty foods. They do WALK a lot.

Thank you for saying that. I hope at least one person will listen but I doubt it.

It is just food! No food is bad. . we are blessed to have anything we can eat. It is not going to hurt you. Just moderation in all things even water!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I love bread and include some form of it pretty much every day. I just make sure I've satisfied my protein and fat requirements first, and that I have room to get in some veggies for micros, and then I add bread if there's room.

Right now I'm eating a homemade croissant. Mmmmmm.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I love bread and include some form of it pretty much every day. I just make sure I've satisfied my protein and fat requirements first, and that I have room to get in some veggies for micros, and then I add bread if there's room.

Right now I'm eating a homemade croissant. Mmmmmm.

g600317795.gif
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    No, bread is not evil. But seriously, if one is going to eat it, better make it the good stuff (or, you know, covered in good stuff... mmmm grilled cheese....). Chilled supermarket sandwiches are definitely the devil. Calorific, tasteless and cardboardy. So not worth it.

ETA: As I was typing this reply I thought I'd started hallucinating whilst reading the thread as I could smell bready goodness in the air. Turns out someone was microwaving porridge! :laugh: