Full-time working mom.

Options
2»

Replies

• amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Add me. I am 35 yrs old and work one full time job and two to three PRN companies that equal 60-70 hours a week and have 4 kids ages 15, 14, 10, and 3. One of my kids does martial arts 3-4 nights a week and one does gymnastics one night a week and martial arts one night a week. I have lost 79.2 pounds in 9 months time.
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 40-something full time mom to two boys: 11 and 14. Me and hubby are desperately trying to lose the weight we gained.
  • Sandia_Sweetie
    Sandia_Sweetie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Add me too, 40 year old mom of 4 (19,14,12,10) full time desk job as well. Joined in February of 2013, but have slacked off the last couple of months. Am ready to re-dedicate myself.

:drinker:
  • teabeeten
    teabeeten Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I'm a 40 year old mom of 2 (12 & 8) and work full time at a desk job. I know how hard it is to add exercise into the schedule, but it is doable and it doesn't even have to be that painful. :)
  • jetaylor63
    jetaylor63 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you're back. You can do it! :bigsmile:
  • mcatlin10
    mcatlin10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today too - also on Tuesday. Also a full time working mom and just DONE...I'm the heaviest I've been since just after my pregnancy and a lot of it is lifestyle. Let's do this!
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Good luck and remember NO excuses.

Its hard to workout sometimes when you're tired from work or dealing with family life but we have to make our selves do it.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am a full time working Mum with a nearly 4 year old. Its challenging but it can be done. Preparation is essential, as the saying goes 'if you fail to prepare then prepare to fail'.

I exercise 5 times a week being 6am Saturday & Sunday (husband and child are usually in bed still), 5am Thursdays before my husband leaves for work and Monday and Tuesday afternoons after work. Yiu have to be flexible and just fit in it. No excuses :)
  • saarinencelery
    saarinencelery Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to connect with any of the working parents here -- I am a single widowed mom with two kids in elementary school. I gained 25 pounds since going full time last year and feel so tired and out of shape. I have to turn it around, I am almost back to my post-second child weight and my clothes are not fitting. It's really great to see all these busy parents here losing weight and taking care of themselves.
  • Kamal881
    Kamal881 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a mother to a 3 year old and 4 month old. I started this 3 days ago. I walk 3 miles to/from work and trying to eat healthy and cut down on calories. Would like to lose 20 pounds. Eventually my plan is to add some additional exercise rather than just walking...
  • lindsaymarcin
    lindsaymarcin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have a 7 and 4 year old too! They are great at keeping me motivated! You will find that it is easy to spend quality time with them while exercising too! :) We enjoy Sunday afternoon bike rides to the library, nature walk trails and playing wii dance! :) I used to work full time too and felt too guilty leaving my baby even longer to go to the gym so I didn't do it and never lost any of my baby weight! I am happy that I found a way of balancing my time so that I can feel good about myself again :)
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    you can add me. I am a 40 year old full time working mother of 2 very busy teens. I too have been here awhile but got back into my lazy habits and gained most of what I had lost.
  • liv2full
    liv2full Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to. I'm also a full-time working mom. I have 3 girls---4, 14, and 14 (twins). I started here a few months ago and have FINALLY managed to lose some weight. It's really hard after 40 to drop the pounds! Here's to a healthier new year!