new years challenge

Options
i want to be in a challenge so bad but i always seem to come in the middle or the end of the challenge. so i thought i would start one for new years we have 7 weeks and 1 day until new years. i made a new years resolution this year to lose weight yet im still the same. i need some motivation and need to get into gear and i want to have something to show for my promise to myself. FOR ONCE!

My name is Shawna im 22 and im the stay at home mother to 5 kids ( check out my profile for more info on this if it matters) they are 7 6 5 5 and 16 mnths.

my problem is portion control and having the drive to get my bottom up to my local curves place. which i pay $40 a mnth for.
i have been there for 3 mnths and have only lost 1 inch but thats because of me. im just to lazy to get up there.

any way state you current weight
your goal weight
and then your mini goal weight for jan 1st 2011
and something about yourself

i flex between 240 and 234. so who knows tomarrow ill be 240 tomarrow.
basicly today

my starting weight is 234.6
my over all go is 120
and my mini jan 1 -11 goal is 220

also idk if my personal goals are too far out there... but i do know that i should lose more at 1st. and my friend lost 25 lbs in 2 mnths doing curves .

Replies

• Jillian0708
    Options
    Current weight 243.2
    Gw 130
    Mini goal for Jan 1st 230

Lets do it !!!! Because with strength and will you can over come anything ...
  • blueelephant1212
    blueelephant1212 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    hello shawna!

i'll join your challenge! my final goal is to get down to 160 from 195, but i'm hoping to be at 183 by new years... i just joined MFP yesterday and i'm highly motivated. You have a big family! Do you take them all to curves with you? why not ditch the curves if you can't get there and buy a wii. there are great "programs" to buy like the wii fit plus, wii active, the jillian michaels games, and the newest one due out next week... a ZUMBA game! do the exercises when the kiddos are at school or after they get to bed. you won't be sorry if you can get the exercising done at home, when you have time. not that a busy mom like you has time, but i'm sure you can do this!!! :D

CW 195
    GW 160 by May 6, 2011 (my 31st birthday)
    Mini-goal: Jan 1, 2011 is 183
    i work with children who have behavioral and emotional issues. :D

:drinker: nice to meet ya!
  • shawnalmil
    Options
    Current weight 243.2
    Gw 130
    Mini goal for Jan 1st 230

Lets do it !!!! Because with strength and will you can over come anything ...
    we are basicly the same!! haha!! do u think my gaol is to high? ive never done it and i would like to actually meet it
  • shawnalmil
    Options
    hello shawna!

i'll join your challenge! my final goal is to get down to 160 from 195, but i'm hoping to be at 183 by new years... i just joined MFP yesterday and i'm highly motivated. You have a big family! Do you take them all to curves with you? why not ditch the curves if you can't get there and buy a wii. there are great "programs" to buy like the wii fit plus, wii active, the jillian michaels games, and the newest one due out next week... a ZUMBA game! do the exercises when the kiddos are at school or after they get to bed. you won't be sorry if you can get the exercising done at home, when you have time. not that a busy mom like you has time, but i'm sure you can do this!!! :D

CW 195
    GW 160 by May 6, 2011 (my 31st birthday)
    Mini-goal: Jan 1, 2011 is 183
    i work with children who have behavioral and emotional issues. :D

:drinker: nice to meet ya!
    no im not allowed to bring them to curves and i cant ditch it i signed a 1 year contract........... making it to where I HAD to do it, ya know.... i just have anxiety issues and they are only open certain times of day which makes it hard. i do want a wii tho
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Shawna,

I argee with one of the earlier posters, you are the perfect candidate to workout at home. You've already stated you have a hard time getting up and going to curves. I can only imagine how much energy 5 kids can take out of you, I just have 2. Given that, if you're "gym" is at home you're so much more likely to go and workout, plus you save the time going to and from.

Tim
  • tanias11
    Options
    im in :)

current weight - 181
    goal weight - 140
    mini goal ;jan1 - 160

before i got pregnant i was at my goal weight and happy with myself, i enjoyed my body for about 3 months until i got pregnant and now im this fat mess:( but i wanna do this i know i can when i see others lose 100 + lbs!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!
  • jevans918
    jevans918 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your new years challenge...

CW: 242.8
    GW: 130
    Mini Goal for Jan 1 2011 is 230

For most of my life I was thin and exercised pretty much every day. Then I went to college and worked and gained a bunch of weight. Now I have gotten to the point where I can't stand it anymore.

So hopefully we can help eachother meet our goals :)
  • nickicakes
    Options
    CW 159
    GW 135 ASAP :smile:
    Mini-goal: Jan 1, 2011 is 148

I want to join your challenge! I have always been small and for the last couple years I have bounced back and forth with my weight. I lose it then gain it. Sick of it. This will be a great motivator for me. Hopefully for everyone else too. Good idea!!
  • shawnalmil
    Options
    Shawna,

I argee with one of the earlier posters, you are the perfect candidate to workout at home. You've already stated you have a hard time getting up and going to curves. I can only imagine how much energy 5 kids can take out of you, I just have 2. Given that, if you're "gym" is at home you're so much more likely to go and workout, plus you save the time going to and from.

Tim

as i stated, i signed a 1 year contract. ill either spend like $150 to break it plus 1 extra mnth or continue to go...... also i need to get out and get time for myself..........BUT that doesnt mean i cant work out at home also...... yah know what i mean! :) esp since winters here in Illinois can be bad when you have an ice storm and cant even get your front door open. i think im asking for a wii for xmas tho :)
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Shawna,

Tim

as i stated, i signed a 1 year contract. ill either spend like $150 to break it plus 1 extra mnth or continue to go...... also i need to get out and get time for myself..........BUT that doesnt mean i cant work out at home also...... yah know what i mean! :) esp since winters here in Illinois can be bad when you have an ice storm and cant even get your front door open. i think im asking for a wii for xmas tho :)

I hear ya on needing to get out of the house and the Illinois winters, I live in Chicago. I got my kids the Wii fit last year and honestly you can get sweaty working out with it. Haven't tried any of the other workouts they have for it but the best workout is one you use.

Its unfortunate about the gym contract.
  • rebecca56
    Options
    I opened a gym in our home (was a funeral home so it has this huge room and that is where I put the gym) I have several ladies ( age 60 to 90 years young) and even their husbands join them and we all have a blast every morning. Instead of going to the coffee shop, they come here to work out and have just as much fun if not more. I walked 3 to 6 miles and lost over 35 lbs and I kept it off! That is until I brought dad home....my exercise program went out the door when he came in. I went on the HCG diet....WRONG....don't ever do that to your body! It was a quick fix but when you go off, you will gain your weight back and it is not worth it. I have the curves equipment and I have cardio. machs. and that along with healthy eating is what has proved to be most valuable to me and to many more like me ( 56 yrs old and in menapause the worst time to diet or loos weight). We are starting a Biggest Loosers here at the gym after the first of the year. Everyone pays a certain fee and the money is used for the big prize in the end. Excited about that! I am trainning a young lady before her wedding up coming. She wants to loose 30 lbs. She has been at it for 1 week and lost 3 lbs and reshaped her figure to loose 4 inches total! She is looking good! And so can you if you all stick with it and if I can I know you all can stick with it.
  • shawnalmil
    Options
    I opened a gym in our home (was a funeral home so it has this huge room and that is where I put the gym) I have several ladies ( age 60 to 90 years young) and even their husbands join them and we all have a blast every morning. Instead of going to the coffee shop, they come here to work out and have just as much fun if not more. I walked 3 to 6 miles and lost over 35 lbs and I kept it off! That is until I brought dad home....my exercise program went out the door when he came in. I went on the HCG diet....WRONG....don't ever do that to your body! It was a quick fix but when you go off, you will gain your weight back and it is not worth it. I have the curves equipment and I have cardio. machs. and that along with healthy eating is what has proved to be most valuable to me and to many more like me ( 56 yrs old and in menapause the worst time to diet or loos weight). We are starting a Biggest Loosers here at the gym after the first of the year. Everyone pays a certain fee and the money is used for the big prize in the end. Excited about that! I am trainning a young lady before her wedding up coming. She wants to loose 30 lbs. She has been at it for 1 week and lost 3 lbs and reshaped her figure to loose 4 inches total! She is looking good! And so can you if you all stick with it and if I can I know you all can stick with it.
    how where you able to keep your machines? my curves owner told me if she ever closes she has to return all her equiptment that she paid $1.700 per machine with out a refund
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I will join! I just joined the site this week. I hated to see I missed all the challenges that started also!

My CW is 182.2
    My GW is 135.0
    My Mini Goal for Jan 1 is 171

We can do this!! It will be great!
  • shawtee
    Options
    Hi Shawna, I would love to join your challenge! I was just telling my mom how we needed to set some goals. Oh and I used to be a member at curves and I had a hard time with finding someone to watch my two young girls. I ended up quitting and getting myself a wii. It works you out more than you know. Wii Active is great.

My weight - 196
    Goal weight - 130
    Mini goal - Jan 1- 175

We can do this!! We gotta bring sexy back...lol
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Hi Shawna :smile:

I'd also love to join your New Years Challenge.

I haven't weighted in, in awhile. So I will post my numbers tomorrow.
  • jmclark
    jmclark Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I'd love to join in on this one! I feel exactly the same way....always joining a challenge halfway thru!

SW:228
    CW: 196
    GW: 165
    Goal for 12/31/10: 187
  • KiwiKayak
    Options
    Thanks for starting this challenge! With colder weather heading its way, I'm finding it harder to stay away from the comfort food. This will be great for staying on track and getting through the holidays.

CW: 208
    GW: your goal weight 160
    New Year's Mini Goal: 195

I owe all of my diet success so far to Trader Joe's baked tofu and the iPhone MFP app!! (Okay, maybe not all of it, but it certainly has made it easier....)
  • CoachLisaP7287
    CoachLisaP7287 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the challenge :love: I'm a full-time college student, a substitute teacher, and a new Independent Beachbody Coach!! I work out at home using P90X and I love it (so much that I became a Beachbody Coach--had to get the plug in :wink: )

CW: 156
    GW: 125 - 130
    New Year's Mini Goal: 140

Together we can do this!!!

Lisa Perkins
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    www.beachbodycoach.com/CoachLisaP7287
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Here are my numbers-

My start weight - 158.5
    Goal weight - 140
    NYC goal - Jan 1- 149

More than making my NYC goal, I would like to get back on track, with working out, eating healthier and just taking care of myself, so I can feel better.
  • calewis224
    Options
    I would luv to join.
    I weight in at 165
    My goal weight is 145
    I guess for New Year 155 or 160
    I will get back on track.
    More walking,jogging,and some thing to help loose weight
    Just a little something everyday will help