Hey, 1200 calorie-ers!

Options
Do you ever have omelettes? If so, how many eggs/egg whites do you use? Thanks!!

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • sahill314
    sahill314 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    depends on what your goals are... 2 egg whites is somewhere around 50 cals and filling where two eggs is around 140 cals and filling. personally since i do high fat low carb i just make the regular eggs with some cheese in them for a little added fat and protein, which wouldnt be bad to put on egg whites either.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Every weekend!! I normally go on a 2 hour hike each saturday and sunday, so I burn a lot of calories. 2 egg white and 1 whole egg with assorted veggies and maybe some turkey sausage crumbles or some ham. Yummy!,
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Don't throw the yolks out, they are healthy :sad:

I'm on 1200 cal, and I usually have 2 eggs, and I should add that they are free range, pasture eggs....yolks are bright orange and healthy. And with free range bacon :happy: yummers!
  • saffronrose16
    Options
    What can I eat that's super low cal & will keep me full. I can't eat breakfast but snack at night :(
  • allen_ac
    allen_ac Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What can I eat that's super low cal & will keep me full. I can't eat breakfast but snack at night :(

Maybe opt in for more exercise, so you can eat more
  • fruttibiscotti
    Options

Eggs are a great example of low cal, high satiety food for breakfast.

Stay away from crisps, kit kats, coca cola, and other empty calories. Eat fats and proteins from foods, like avocados, chicken, cheese, etc. they will provide satiety, and you will have calories left over at end of day for small snack.

Good luck.
  • Pandora_King
    Options
    I make a great dill dip. It's about 90 cal's for 4 tbsps. The veggies you dip in it will fill you up.

1 part fat free sour cream
    1 part half fat hellmans mayo
    2 tbsps. (or more) dill weed
  • harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Usually 2 regular eggs, may start egg whites though to save calories...
  • PhoenixGT13
    PhoenixGT13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Soup with lots of veggies (hence lots of fiber) -- there are plenty you can buy that are 100 calories per serving or less -- or you can make them at home on the weekend and have them during the week, even better because you can control what's in them. Just be CAREFUL of the sodium content in canned soup. Some are very high.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

If you can't eat breakfast...then don't eat breakfast. Instead, shift your meal times to what works best for you, even if that means something like lunch -> dinner -> evening snack.

Look into Intermittent Fasting, particularly Leangains style, or "16:8" style (in general, they're pretty much the same, though Leangains leans heavily on branch chain amino acids, which isn't entirely necessary).
  • reneemosley
    reneemosley Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yes.....love omelettes
    1 whole egg
    2 egg whites
    veggies-lots-sautéed
    very small amount of goat or feta or parmesan cheese-high flavour
  • Annieshorty18
    Annieshorty18 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I usually use 3 whole egg white and add spinach, its taste awesome
  • fruttibiscotti
    Options
    So many egg yolks going in the garbage :sad:

Waaaaaaahhhhhhhh!
  • NGFive
    NGFive Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    one whole egg plus one white
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I usually use 1-2 whole eggs.
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I die a little on the inside when I read all these comments about only using the egg whites. The yolk is the yummy part!
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options

drink your quotient of water each day
    apples (good for fiber)
    string cheese
    oatmeal

I eat 2 egg whites on either flat bread or some other type of lower calorie bread with a slide of reduced fat cheese or salsa.

But apples are my favorite to stay full.
  • bcnewell27
    bcnewell27 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I do 2 egg whites to 1 egg
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I do 4 egg whites, 1/8 cheese of mozzarella and onions and mushrooms, but I have 1260 calories.