New to MyfitnessPal and would like to make friends

Options
Hi, I'm Amanda. I just googled "calorie tracker" and this site came up. I'm actually happy it did because I need something that will make me stay on my toes while I complete my goal to become in shape and having a healthier lifestyle. I'm a sucker for sweets so this is going to be challenging. I just gave up meat! I'm a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian so not even any seafood (which I only ate tuna anyway lol). Hoping to find some motivating friends while on this journey.
Thanks for reading,
Amanda

Replies

• amvanwin
    amvanwin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get the free app, it's life saver!
  • manda_monroe14
    Options
    ok great! Thanks!
  • lauriejodavis
    Options
    Hello. I started myfitnesspal in September and it is a life saver. It's a great tool for tracking not just the calories, but it breaks down the calories into categories - carbs, sugar, fat, protein. I am a diabetic and have to stay within limits. Since joining, I have almost eliminated processed foods, and I am converting to organic foods. I have also tried a lot of new dishes in cooking, such as parm3san. I have lost about 15 lbs so far, feel super motivated right now, and have about 35 lbs (turning 50 on January 13!) that I would like to lose by summer. I see a nutritionist, and she is helping me. My struggle is with exercise, which I hate.

What are your struggles?
  • manda_monroe14
    Options
    Exercise is my struggle as well. I work 7am-4pm and I'm also in college so it's hard to get any exercise but for the Spring Semester I got some weekend classes so it's going to make it easier to fill it in. I'm trying to lose over 30 pounds as well by June the natural way. I've just become a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian (no meat or seafood) and I'm loving the feeling already. Organic foods are what I'm going for! Just a healthier lifestyle and being fit.
  • manda_monroe14
    Options
    And Happy Early Birthday by the way!:happy: