handeling sugar cravings

Options
I did so good yesterday salmon and vegis for dinner healthy choice soup for lunch soft boiled eggs for breakfast and then evening hit and I just have the worst cravings for sweets! how do you over come these cravings.

Replies

• Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Hot tea and cold water, lots of it. You are going through sugar withdrawl, it can last up to a couple of weeks but is the worse for the first 3 dasy.
  • Lukes_Dove
    Lukes_Dove Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Assuming you are talking about added sugar v.natural sugars, I would go with some fresh fruit. Or maybe a stick of sugarfree gum.
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Due to health reasons I MUST cut my sugar. I have been drinking a lot of lemon water with some Cayenne pepper stirred into it. Maybe its just me but I think its psychological. Spicy things create endorphins just as sugar does. I probably drink 4 glasses of that a day. I am a chocolate lover and so this recent change (about 12 days) hasn't been as hard as I was anticipating. Maybe I havent come to the worst of it yet though. I tried sugar free candies to get that sweetness but it killed my stomach so lemon water and cayenne pepper are working just fine for me. Good luck overcoming the monster :)
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    How much Cayenne are you putting in your water and how terrible does it taste?
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I like having Atkins treats/meals on hand when sugar cravings hit
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I put quite a bit, enough to make me sneeze every time I make the drink lol. I don't think its terrible tasting though. Its really refreshing and its keeping my sugar craving at bay and that's my ultimate goal :D