New Introvert...

Options
:blushing:
It's been a long journey... Hopefully I'll complete it this time.

My start weight is 216 lbs, and would like to lose 90 lbs in small steps. First goal = move, stretch and eat more veggies.

Blu Tulip

Replies

• sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Good luck :)

You can do it!
  • stephijim
    Options
    You've got this! Setting small goals is a great first step! Less overwhelming that way :)
  • DrGM42
    DrGM42 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. It will be totally worth it!
  • BluTulips
    BluTulips Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words...
  • BluTulips
    BluTulips Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am hopeful this time
  • NewDavenport
    NewDavenport Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Blu, you will do great because you want it :) you can do it we are all here for you. small steps at a time because when you reach one goal it gives more encouragement to set another and to reach that one :)
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm an old introvert. Here's how you do it. Read in the forums; don't post; just read. Find people who have had success and seem to know what they are talking about. Follow them around from a distance. And do whatever they do.

It's simple but it's hard. Small changes make a big difference.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    introverts-unite-individually-american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee-lemon-w760h760.jpg
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I'm an old introvert. Here's how you do it. Read in the forums; don't post; just read. Find people who have had success and seem to know what they are talking about. Follow them around from a distance. And do whatever they do.

THIS
  • annastasia_82
    annastasia_82 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to give yourself props for accomplishing small goals. Even if its as small as not buying that soda from the vending machine and opting for water. Its small positive changes overtime that will be the easiest to stick with and will eventually just be a good habit.
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    Introverts Unite! Individually!

^ LOL

I totally lurked on the forums for the first year. I spent a lot of time on the success stories forum to stay inspired and did my thing individually. Now I'm slowly branching out a bit but still doing much of my journey on my own.

Find what works for you and stick with it. ^_^
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

+1

OP, I started here a little over a year ago at 215. 172 now and still going. I've taken time off to enjoy the holidays and I've taken time off b/c I'm lazy, but I was able to do so without gaining the weight back thanks to the successful people who share their knowledge on this site. It might seem overwhelming at first, but I'd take a peek in here and do some reading: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read

Good luck!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

THIS
    X2
    I lurked for quite a while and learned a lot, it is amazing how much you can learn on the forums if you have a sense of humor and humility.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    introverts-unite-individually-american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee-lemon-w760h760.jpg

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options

THIS

And again.
  • Travko
    Travko Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've found many very supportive and genuine people on MFP who provide uplifting words and added motivation along the way. Try to find a few of those, as it can only help you in your journey.
  • Shynique37
    Shynique37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

THIS

DITTO!