Bulletproof Exec MCT oil ...better than NOW Foods MCT oil ?

Options
Getting ready to place another order on the coffee & was thinking of throwing Dave's upgraded Mct oil in this time. Wondering if anyone has tried it & what u thought. Also posted this question in low carb forum.

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I use it myself.
    I have not tried any other brand of MCT oil.

I do use coconut oil at times though.....

My guess is you're gonna get the same results with either product.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I thought this was gonna be spam. I'm not sure why I even came in here.

< backs out slowly >
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Bummer, I hope others don't think that. I truly want answers !
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

No worries, I'm sure than anyone who knows what you are talking about, will understand. It's just over my head. :blushing:
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    wow. double the price of NOW. I can't really compare as I just use virgin coconut oil as my cooking fat of choice, but I'd definitely not pay double.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

Sorry.

But in the end, it is just MCT oil....
    I don't think you can really do all that much with it....

Let me ask you this.
    Do you know why MCT oil is what he uses?
  • bek48
    bek48 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the NOW Foods MCT oil, but I have gotten a couple bottles of Bulletproof MCT. I've noticed I'm more focused during the day with better energy when I have some in the morning. It helps me fall asleep quicker if I have some at night as well, it's pretty interesting. I've always felt like he oversells the toxin thing a bit, so if the NOW brand is cheaper and that's an issue, you might just go with that. It's still MCTs, in any case.

His coffee is good though, I'll give him that. :)
  • nbg127
    nbg127 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use the Bulletproof - but honestly, I don't see much difference in any other MCT oil I have tried (have not tried NOW). I have not tried the coconut oil but I see a bariatric doc and she uses coconut oil herself. - she puts a tablespoon in her own coffee in the AM like Bulletproof suggests.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Options
    Ok update on bulletproof MCT oil, way gentler ,On my system then now foods MCT oil I like this one much better and will continue to buy it. I bought the bulletproof coffee kit & price was better that way .
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Options
    Ok update on bulletproof MCT oil, way gentler ,On my system then now foods MCT oil I like this one much better and will continue to buy it. I bought the bulletproof coffee kit & price was better that way . AND it puts me in ketosis within 3 days !
  • tiger_lily5
    tiger_lily5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Bulletproof Brain Octane? From what I can discern it's an even higher grade. I haven't bought any of it yet, still using coconut oil. Because of the Orangutan deforestation issue, I'm loathe to buy anything with palm kernel oil. I wish the companies would be more forthcoming in their sourcing.