Starting caveman eating habits tomorrow...

Options
Any words of wisdom?

*Yummy recipes welcome (please)*

Success stories are more than welcome, as well (:

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    so you are going to cook everything over a fire?

on a serious note, curious as to why you are doing this and curious as to how you determined how cavemen ate?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Any words of wisdom?

*Yummy recipes welcome (please)*

Success stories are more than welcome, as well (:

Best rule of Wisdom.........

Paleo "rules" are written in vegetable juice, not stone. Customize, experiment, discover, be yourself.

Recipes:
    Check out these websites:
    Nom Nom Paleo
    Civilized Caveman
    Everyday Paleo

And there is a recipe group here on MFP
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    You may want to join the paleo/primal group on MFP, where I'm guessing you will get a lot more info and support

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/54-primal-paleo-support-group
  • Nottryingjustdoing
    Nottryingjustdoing Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've recently fell into a bit of a slump. Aside for staying within my calorie goal and working on fitting enough protein into my day,I haven't been meeting my nutritional needs-therefore I've been finding myself in a lousy state..... A friend suggested it, and after giving it some consideration..decided to experiment with it.

The thought process behind it is "if it wasn't around during back then,then don't eat it."
    Although,my 2 tweaks are: -I get one cup of coffee a day -not completely forgoing dairy products (my belief's that calcium's a MUST & only consuming it in capsule form won't suffice)
  • Nottryingjustdoing
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! Much appreciated!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I've recently fell into a bit of a slump. Aside for staying within my calorie goal and working on fitting enough protein into my day,I haven't been meeting my nutritional needs-therefore I've been finding myself in a lousy state..... A friend suggested it, and after giving it some consideration..decided to experiment with it.

The thought process behind it is "if it wasn't around during back then,then don't eat it."
    Although,my 2 tweaks are: -I get one cup of coffee a day -not completely forgoing dairy products (my belief's that calcium's a MUST & only consuming it in capsule form won't suffice)

I don't see how you would be better able to hit your macros with a caveman/paleo diet…

why not just eat in a deficit and hit your macros and not restrict foods..?

just my two cents...
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options

on a serious note, curious as to why you are doing this and curious as to how you determined how cavemen ate?

Cavemen left poop, intestines and recipe books in time capsules 5000 years ago for crossfitters to find now!!
  • Nottryingjustdoing
    Options

I don't see how you would be better able to hit your macros with a caveman/paleo diet…

why not just eat in a deficit and hit your macros and not restrict foods..?

just my two cents...

Reaching my daily macros doesn't sound difficult this way..if I reach them in a more wholesome way I believe I will feel better

*As stated before: This's something I'm experimenting with to the difference in how I feel (if there's one) *

FOR ME to figure out exactly where I feel the most comfortable I need to start with an extreme to find my "happy medium"
  • Nottryingjustdoing
    Options

Cavemen left poop, intestines and recipe books in time capsules 5000 years ago for crossfitters to find now!!

Cracking me up. Love this ^
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

You do realize that cows and chickens weren't around back then, right?

And that there were no grocery stores, everything had to be caught/scrounged by hand....?