Motivational Sayings posted here!!

Options
thought this would b the best place 2 post this.

post a motivational saying (put the person who said it if known). this could b a great thread 2 go 2 when u need a motivational sayin 2 keep u goin. i'll start it off!

Why choose failure when success is an option? -Jillian Michaels

Replies

• GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    the body can do more than the mind thinks it can
  • takethepieces
    Options
    "If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Get off your *kitten*!!! >>>> Me
  • dtyler35
    Options
    Like this!
  • dtyler35
    Options
    totally agrreed! picking yourself up is the key! staying strong!
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    "Never, never, never, never give up."-Winston Churchill

"It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up."-Vince Lombardi

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."-Vincent Lombardi
  • katthomas
    katthomas Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Like it! :happy:
  • Tonyv01
    Tonyv01 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    "..progress is impossible if you only attempt to do the things that you have always done." -Mike Krzyzewski
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I have these saved on my work computer

~If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you dream it, you can become it. Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments.

~No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.

~Above all challenge yourself, you may be surprised at what you can achieve.

~I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It was there all the time.
    ~Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

~If you keep at it, one day something that seemed impossible will become merely something very difficult indeed.

~No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively have the power to change.

~My world is expanding as my butt is shrinking.

~You have got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It’s called perseverance.
    ~My life tomorrow will be the result of my attitude and the choices I make today.

~You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.

~The only person who can stop me…is me…and I can take her.

~Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.

~Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

~There isn’t a person anywhere that isn’t capable of doing more than he thinks he can.

~Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to achieve it. The time will pass anyway.

~Never, ever give up!!!

~Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.

~To lengthen your life, shorten your meals.

~It’s a lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believe in myself

~Shoot for the moon….even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars

~Winners are dreamers that never give up

~Eat for the body you want, not the body you have.

~It’s never too late to be what you might have been.

~There is no strength without struggle

~One should eat to live, not live to eat

~You can’t change the past but you can change the future

~When you look in the mirror you are looking at the problem. You are also looking at the solution

Don't give up what you want most for what you want at the moment

Most Importantly ----~The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    These are the 3 that I use to make it through my worst days:

"We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible." ~C. Malesherbes~

"If not us, who? If not now, when?" ~Kennedy, John F.~

"All our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney~

BUT this one is my favorite:

If u think a girl needs to be protected, you're wrong. we may cry, and we may be weak. but we are not to be underestimated!
  • AFLABRAT04
    Options
    “I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.” ~Jack Handey
  • Tonyv01
    Tonyv01 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Here are some that others posted that I hang on to...

" Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way."

"The vision of a champion is an athlete doubled over, drenched in sweat with no one watching." - Anson Dorrance

"The difference between try and triumph is a little umph."
  • GooBeGone
    Options
    you know you're a runner when you stop running to lose weight and start losing weight to run better
  • GooBeGone
    Options
    ok i just happen 2 run across this 1.

~it's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.
  • rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” - Marianne Williamson
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    This is the one I refer back to for anything: "It takes 21 days to make a habit!"
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    "Be able to pick yourself up and brush yourself off every day. While life is not always fair, it is managable. It is a matter of attitude and confidence." -- Mario Andretti
  • mia66
    mia66 Posts: 425
    Options
    “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” - Marianne Williamson

Thanks for this quote yoga runner.
    Very deep and true. Beautiful.
  • mia66
    mia66 Posts: 425
    Options
    Ok here is one that I really love. It makes me reflect every time I read it. Enjoy. Mia:bigsmile: :bigsmile: .

APPEARANCE AND REALITY

To appear wise, one must talk,
    To be wise, one must listen.

To appear to do good, one must be busy,
    To do good, one must know when to stand aside.

To appear to lead, one must put oneself first,
    To lead one must put oneself last.

To appear to be caring, one must give advise,
    To be caring, one must give space.

To appear to love, one must know how to give,
    To love one must know how to receive.

To appear happy, one must smile,
    To be happy, one must be free with tears.

By Nicholas Gordon