does diet soda make you hungrier?

Options
snelfk
snelfk Posts: 151 Member
I had diet coke over the weekend, one 10 oz glass on Sat and Sun each, and I was absolutely starving all day long each day. Today I'm back on water only and not feeling nearly as hungry. Has anybody else noticed this?

Replies

• snelfk
    Options
    I had diet coke over the weekend, one 10 oz glass on Sat and Sun each, and I was absolutely starving all day long each day. Today I'm back on water only and not feeling nearly as hungry. Has anybody else noticed this?
  • Chai
    Chai Posts: 22
    Options
    I have noticed this too. It makes me crave sugar! Or bad carby foods!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have read alot of nutrition books and yes it actually does. South Beach Diet also suggests no caffiene for first two weeks because it makes you crave carbs and they do not want you eating that.

Think about it Pretzels sound great with diet pop right?!:happy: I do crave carbs when I drink diet pop but I still have to have my one diet pop a day...LOL:laugh:

Alisha
  • snelfk
    Options
    I just didn't crave carbs, I was growling stomach hungry!!!
  • Rachael2179
    Rachael2179 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I say yes... I stopped drinking diet soda awhile ago and noticed a decrease in my appetite :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • littlespoon
    littlespoon Posts: 165
    Options
    Not me. Doesnt make any difference. But whether I drink it or not, I still drink the same amount of water.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    It is the artificial sweetner that makes you feel hungry.