Is anyone into eating raw?

Options
I've been looking into this lately. Does anyone eat raw? I mean, is there NO cooking whatsoever involved? How easy is it? Does it mean all foods are eaten cold - even in winter?

Raw meat? :sick:

Enlighten me someone :smile:

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Just googled and found this site: http://www.alissacohen.com/raw.html

What is Raw & Living Food?

Raw and Living foods are uncooked, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and sprouted grains. These raw foods can be eaten whole or combined to make the healthiest, most delicious meals.

Sound boring? NO Way!!! Imagine eating burgers, pizza, pasta, cookies, cakes and pies everyday. Imagine never having to count calories, proteins, fats or carbs! You won't have to weigh or measure your food. The raw and living food diet is about eating whatever you want, whenever you want! You can lose weight, heal your body, increase your energy, look and feel younger, not in years, not in months but within days! :noway:
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Imagine eating burgers, pizza, pasta, cookies, cakes and pies everyday. Imagine never having to count calories, proteins, fats or carbs! You won't have to weigh or measure your food. The raw and living food diet is about eating whatever you want, whenever you want! You can lose weight, heal your body, increase your energy, look and feel younger, not in years, not in months but within days! :noway:

anything_you_want_gif_by_jacky_hell_oween-d3gavc0.gif
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Apart from sushi there's only one other thing I eat raw.

:wink:
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Apart from salad veggies...and broccoli, cauliflower ( with dips) i dont know if i could eat anything else raw...well...fruits?...ripened hopefully:laugh:

wriggling Octopus anyone?

sexy-gollum-meme-generator-give-it-to-us-raw-and-wriggling-144240.jpg?1344325187.jpg
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Apart from sushi there's only one other thing I eat raw.

:wink:

:blushing:
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Raw and Living foods are uncooked, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and sprouted grains. These raw foods can be eaten whole or combined to make the healthiest, most delicious meals.

Sound boring? NO Way!!! Imagine eating burgers, pizza, pasta, cookies, cakes and pies everyday. Imagine never having to count calories, proteins, fats or carbs! You won't have to weigh or measure your food. The raw and living food diet is about eating whatever you want, whenever you want! You can lose weight, heal your body, increase your energy, look and feel younger, not in years, not in months but within days! :noway:

Well, there's raw and then there's RAW, which means foods made from very basic, organic ingredients. They can be eaten cooked, steamed, baked or raw in the literal sense, but they never contain preservatives or anything unnatural. A food is usually considered raw if it has 6 or less ingredients (large ingredients, not so much spices. Organic spices make this type of eating so much more enjoyable!) and they are all completely organic in nature. This is how I eat and the difference between now and before I began is incomparable. Asking me to eat anything outside of this style of living is like asking me to eat my shoe, haha. :) It just doesn't look like food to me anymore. A better "name" for it that I've heard (and use) is "eating clean." Then of course you have raw veganism but that's another thing entirely.
  • yoshna
    yoshna Posts: 69
    Options
    I don't eat raw; but I did go to an AMAZING raw restaurant a while ago. So delicious and everything raw, unrefined ingredients - even the cheesecake (can't remember exactly but I think the cheese part was made with cashews and something) mmm, I want to go back now.

I think to do it at home would take a lot of time, money to get the unprocessed ingredients, and possibly some expensive equipment - dehydrators etc.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options

I think to do it at home would take a lot of time, money to get the unprocessed ingredients, and possibly some expensive equipment - dehydrators etc.

I think so too :laugh:
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I stopped being a cavewoman a few million years ago. But I think I had friends that liked it.
  • Hetailin
    Options

Well, there's raw and then there's RAW, which means foods made from very basic, organic ingredients. They can be eaten cooked, steamed, baked or raw in the literal sense, but they never contain preservatives or anything unnatural. A food is usually considered raw if it has 6 or less ingredients (large ingredients, not so much spices. Organic spices make this type of eating so much more enjoyable!) and they are all completely organic in nature. This is how I eat and the difference between now and before I began is incomparable. Asking me to eat anything outside of this style of living is like asking me to eat my shoe, haha. :) It just doesn't look like food to me anymore. A better "name" for it that I've heard (and use) is "eating clean." Then of course you have raw veganism but that's another thing entirely.

I just started eating raw in this sense and I LOVE IT. I feel so much better about myself & noticed a change in my body for the better. I'm trying to keep my raw foods as vegetarian as possible but for the sake of eating protein I have nuts, and a small amount of tuna or chicken each day. I lost 3 lbs over the past 4 days WITHOUT starving myself or over-exercising. I eat as many raw fruits, veggies or whole grains as I want throughout the day, then for dinner I have something with protein & a veggie. Feelin good :)
  • Chargette
    Chargette Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I recently listened to The Gluten Summit online when it was free and one of the nutritionists recommend eating at least 50% raw. I myself have reduced gluten by about 90% and sugars except for stevia and some honey or agave nectar. I also don't eat between the hours of 9 pm and 6 am. Since I've started doing this on November 11, 2013, I've lost 8.5 pounds. I did see an article where an athlete is a fruitarian. I wouldn't want to go 100% anything. I think knowing what is harmful to the body and why is the biggest key to eating healthy and happy.
  • waytobeduck
    Options
    I've been looking into this lately. Does anyone eat raw? I mean, is there NO cooking whatsoever involved? How easy is it? Does it mean all foods are eaten cold - even in winter?

Raw meat? :sick:

Enlighten me someone :smile:

I don't eat raw meat BUT am too lazy to cook... so, I eat raw (mostly). :happy: I like it, it's super easy.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I dated a girl several years back that was big into the raw thing. She swore by it as far as losing weight and giving her amazing energy levels. But it as a very hard plan to follow if you are going to be strict about it. Her smoothies were ok. The desserts she made were utterly amazing. I will say that. Dates, figs, nuts and all kinds of yummy goodness.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    no thank you. I enjoy all things delicious too much.

unless it's sushi, then I am so in it's not even funny.

eta: oh wow. I am usually so much better about this!
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Raw meat?! No thank you! How about....E. Coli, botulism, mad cow and salmonella just to name a few.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Only fruits, veggies, sushi, or cookie dough. I have had raw meat before that was good but I wouldn't want to live my life on it, personally.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Sound boring? NO Way!!! Imagine eating burgers, pizza, pasta, cookies, cakes and pies everyday. Imagine never having to count calories, proteins, fats or carbs! You won't have to weigh or measure your food. The raw and living food diet is about eating whatever you want, whenever you want! You can lose weight, heal your body, increase your energy, look and feel younger, not in years, not in months but within days! noway

Yeah, I would be highly suspicious of any program that claims the above.

Just because you eat something raw, doesn't mean it's nutritional value is superior to the cooked version. For instance, tomatoes when cooked in oil, have lycopene that is more easily absorbed by the body.
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    Raw meat?! No thank you! How about....E. Coli, botulism, mad cow and salmonella just to name a few.

Unfortunately, cooking has no effect on the prion that causes mad cow disease.
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    I don't eat raw; but I did go to an AMAZING raw restaurant a while ago. So delicious and everything raw, unrefined ingredients - even the cheesecake (can't remember exactly but I think the cheese part was made with cashews and something) mmm, I want to go back now.

Raw cheesecake? Hey, but anything made from cashews has got to be fabulous! :drinker:
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hubby is in the food business.... went to an all day seminar at a local university put on by the head chef.... he had appetizers and a catered lunch.... THEN a whole spread of totally raw food. Even though this meat and potatoes man was full from lunch, he could not stop eating- it was so good! Gotta be something to it!