My Mistake#1-Pancakes are not a good midnight snack

Options
firespnr
firespnr Posts: 15 Member
Don;t do it! Do not do what I did last night it cost me 1080 calories. Today sucked.

Don't:

1) Don't leave 200 calories in your bank at the end of the day. They will haunt you.
2) Don't listen to the voices in your head that you will never get some sleep if you don't eat something sweet.
3) Don't believe "Cathy", even if you eat in the dark the calories still count
4) Don't eat pancakes in the middle of the night
5) Don't put margarine over said pancakes
6) Don't completely flood them in syrup

Do:

1) Do eat those last 200 calories. There are plenty of snacks to eat within your goals to satisfy your cravings.
2) Do remember to log those late night snacks daily. The next day might be tough but you will learn.
3) Do read comic strips about diet humor. It helps!
4) If you Do want pancakes, have 1.
5) Do skip the margarine, or find a low calorie spray.
6) Do find a sugarfree syrup and use sparingly.

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    LOL, lessons learned. We've all been there.

Did you know a nutella jar is supposed to be more than one serving?
  • DeeDeeMee
    DeeDeeMee Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I take it you had a brief liaison with the fridge last night?

Late night snacks have never been a problem for me but overall, I'd say this is decent advice.

I am a fan of not eating back all my exercise calories though, so having the extra couple hundred calories around happens to me almost every day. I guess I just don't think about them like that.
  • DeeDeeMee
    Options
    LOL, lessons learned. We've all been there.

Did you know a nutella jar is supposed to be more than one serving?

No Way!!! I'm sad now. :(
  • imju5tme
    imju5tme Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Ok, that made me truly howl with laughter, but dangit!!! now I want pancakes!!! :laugh:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Margarine?? Gah!! If you are going to have pancakes, put real butter on them, please! Those fats are so much healthier (and taste a lot better too). Unless you have a dairy allergy. Then use margarine by all means (see how bossy I am?)

I may go for some sugar free syrup actually. All we have is the kind with real sugar, and DAYUM that's a lot of calories! :noway:
  • firespnr
    Options
    Yeah, the moment you realize you are too lazy to exercise. Today at about 5pm it occurred to me that I could exercise a bit and earn some more calories. Suddenly I wasn't as hungry as I thought. Sad, and pathetic I know. Someday I will be like you but heh, this was day 2.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of not eating back all my exercise calories though, so having the extra couple hundred calories around happens to me almost every day. I guess I just don't think about them like that.

22nh93.jpg

(Yes, I am judging you for having the self discipline not to eat back those extra calories at the end of the day. Give me yours and I will eat them! Oh...wait. *sigh)
  • firespnr
    Options
    Don't do it!
  • firespnr
    Options
    Hey...here's an idea! What if I make my own butter. I could bank the calories as exercise.
  • DeeDeeMee
    Options

22nh93.jpg

(Yes, I am judging you for having the self discipline not to eat back those extra calories at the end of the day. Give me yours and I will eat them! Oh...wait. *sigh)

Oh no! The last thing I wanted to do was bring the Dowager Countess' Ire down on myself! (Or Maggie Smith's ire which I imagine would be just as bad). I'll have to start eating more quick smart!
  • racingnana5
    racingnana5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great advise. :laugh:
  • suadvani
    suadvani Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    LOLOLOL - thanks I needed that..! (though i too now want pancakes..)
  • LoveMePerfectly
    Options
    Mmhmmm, pancakes! lol
  • freetobeme3
    freetobeme3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love the post! I am new here but really enjoyed your feedback!
  • TemeraldMarie
    TemeraldMarie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I could go for some pancakes with strawberries and whip cream...
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Lol...and yes definitely real butter.:laugh:
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Nooooo, but they told me pancakes were only 10 calories a pop! So I've been eating 6 in every sitting!! :O

..Kidding!

But I've seen and TRIED some healthy pancake recipes, and they're actually quite.. tasty.

http://tinyurl.com/mvn9s5u <-- Click here for some tips on making healthy pancakes.
    (not spam, links to www.eatingwell.com)

hearty-and-healthy-pancakes-01.jpg
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hahahah that was great XD AWwwww. Live and learn!

Man I really want pancakes now though lol
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I did banana whole wheat pancakes with a caramelized banana topping along with real butter for Christmas breakfast. It cost me close to 500 calories but was well worth it. I just ate lighter the rest of the day.

The were actually some of the best pancakes I have ever had!
  • curlytoes79
    curlytoes79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I made a great big stack of pancakes the day before I decided to finally change my diet. Now I have a bunch of pancakes in my fridge that I can't eat without logging a huge amount of calories and probably being hungry an hour later... hmm...maybe the cat will eat them...