fussy eater

Options
Hi, I'm rather fussy, and lately have start eating rice :) I'm just wondering what goes well with rice?

Thanks

Replies

• DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Chilli!
    Tuna
    Chicken
    Homemade savoury rice - with vegetables mixed in
    Stir fry
  • jenny181111
    jenny181111 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have it with chicken, I don't like anything else on your list sorry :/
  • DR2501
    Options
    I used to be the world's fussiest eater until I started smoking at 14 lol. I stopped at 21 but because it dulled my sense of smell I tried loads of food when I smoked and I still eat it all now. So my sense of smell got in the way of me trying things.

I'm not suggesting you start smoking, what I'm saying is try to get over whatever it is that keeps you from trying food as you may be surprised...
  • DR2501
    Options
    You don't like vegetables, at all? Any vegetable will do to make savoury rice
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    A lot! try oranges mixed in rice! it's delicious. Also chicken goes great too.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm rather fussy, and lately have start eating rice :) I'm just wondering what goes well with rice?

Thanks

put a flavoured stock cube in the rice when you boil it.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    A side order of something else similarly bland...

(joke, please dont take it the wrong way. In fact, apologies in advance to anyone offended).
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    A side order of something else similarly bland...

(joke, please dont take it the wrong way. In fact, apologies in advance to anyone offended).

or a thin girl's fries?
  • jenny181111
    Options
    Thanks I'll try the stock cube thing. I only like carrots, as long as they are with something! lol
    No, I'm not easily offended :)

If I had it with, say, lamb, could I have the rice with gravy and the lamb? I have no clue, only just started eating it.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

If I had it with, say, lamb, could I have the rice with gravy and the lamb? I have no clue, only just started eating it.

eat it with whatever you like... theres no rule about what goes with what... my husband makes EVERYTHING into a sandwich... (think roast dinner... meat, sprout and gravy sandwich!)
  • coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Some feta cheese and salad maybe?
    Sweet and sour sauce with chicken
    Tuna steaks cooked in lemon and chilli
    Try grating carrot and other veg into the rice - smaller pieces when you eat it, and you might start to like other veg.
    Also risotto rice with stock in the water is lovely and it's creamier than standard white/ brown rice.

Another thing to try are rice noodles- similar taste just changes it up a small bit. Also have nosey in the recipe section; as harsh as it sounds- you're not going to like new foods if you don't preserver and try them. x
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You can do seriously anything you want with rice-put it beside anything you like. You can add stock, spices, herbs for flavour, or a little low sodium soy. You can use it in salads. You can even make puddings and sweet rices with it. No rules. Try googling some recipes that use rice and you might get a few ideas you can adapt to what you feel comfortable eating.
  • jenny181111
    Options
    Thank you every one :)
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If I would eat lamb that would sound delicious. Rice itself has not a strong taste so you can eat it with a lot of things. All kinds of meat go with it. Gravy and in fact most sauces are also good with rice.

You can also mix the rice with peas if you like them. There is also egg fried rice.