water

Options
Hello SO I'm new been on MFP since Sunday. I LOVE it. New addition for sure!

So my first question is how much water should you drink in a day? Now I know 8 8oz is the what they say. I also read that when you are trying to loose weight that you should drink half your weight in ounces.
What is the healthy and happy medium?

Any body have any thought on this?

I just dont want to be running to the bathroom more often then I should half to!

Replies

• jdee1976
    Options
    8 cups a day
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    I've heard both things as well. I try to drink no less then three 34 oz water bottles. My water bottle even has a tracker on top of it so I know once I have had 3. I make sure to have water next to me all day that way I am more inclined to drink it. I would definitely do no less then 8- 8oz glasses of water;)
  • Nexius8510
    Nexius8510 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome! :)

You're not the only one who wonders! It's a pretty common concern amongst people! Unfortunately those two suggestions have pretty much hit the nail on the head. haha, there really is no SET number of ounces you need to drink in a day. It's different for everyone ya know? Honestly, the best way to go about it is to set those amounts as a min/max for the day! As long as you're at or over 64 oz and below your "water weight" amount, I'd say you're doing pretty well! You obviously don't want to drink yourself into a water coma, haha.

AND unfortunately, when your body is not used to taking in that much water on a regular basis, you will go to the bathroom a bit more than usual. I know when I first started, it was at least once an hour :ohwell: haha, but that's also a good thing because your body is purifying you of anything not useful! But you get used to it after a while.

One of the easiest ways for me to keep up with water was to get a bigger bottle and keep it with me all day. I started with 20oz bottles but bumped up to a 32oz one. I'm not sure about other people but I know for me, if I'm drinking out of a bigger bottle, I don't notice that I'm drinking more water. It sounds weird but it works. Before with a 12 oz cup or 20 oz bottle, it felt like a chore to drink even 64 oz a day, but with the 32oz bottle, i can easily drink 3-4 of them over the span of the day and be WAY over 64. Whatever works best for you!

Sorry for the novel, haha, welcome again and I hope I helped! :smile: