Anyother geeks out there?

Options
Referring to any genre truly.

I personally am a gamer. Not video games mind you, but RPGs and boardgames.

Sadly my eye hand coordination for video games tops off at Lego Batman and Harry Potter. Hey - No judgment!

I love to read as well and the problem I find is all my hobbies keep me sedentary. That paired with a desk job and grad studies and I am always behind a desk, screen or table.

Some of my games can easily take 4-5 hours at a tabletop. Some of my favorite include War of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Civilization, Decent, and Arkham Horror. And currently I participate in a biweekly Warhammer Fantasy RPG campaign and I am the GM for a new Edge of the Empire (StarWars) RPG.

I also love admiring nature and really regret not becoming an entomologist. No one shares my love of creepy critters, flora and fauna so I keep that to myself.

Just hoping to find some like minded fellow MFPals for motivation and support and maybe some minor geeking out over similar things.

:bigsmile:

Cheers!

Replies

• aquarianpixi
    aquarianpixi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    geeky and proud! lol

I am an anime and video game type. love cosplay and really miss going to cons.
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have only made it to the SW Celebration but I have many cons planned in my future. Can't wait for my first cosplay!
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Come join us in the Geek Squid group :)
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Total book nerd here-like I read over 300 books a year on average. I really need to get a life :tongue: :laugh:
  • stormbornkraken
    Options
    Total book nerd here-like I read over 300 books a year on average. I really need to get a life :tongue: :laugh:

That is a life! A GREAT life at that!
  • stormbornkraken
    Options
    Come join us in the Geek Squid group :)

Done! Sweet awesomeness! :love:

Thanks
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Love this post! Yes to all geekdom. I recognized your GoT handle Stormborn (even though Dany really bugs by saying it all the time! Aren't we glad everyone doesn't have to report their birthday weather when they are introduced? Hi, I'm Laura PartlyCloudy.) I agree that geeky pursuits can make us sedentary. I try to nerd out on OCD with calories and 10,000 steps and exercise. They tendencies are mutually agreeable.
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    If were talking rpg games i play D&D, Vampire masquerade, Cyberpunk 2020.

:)
  • Chriztii
    Options
    So i am going to assume you will be trying the The Elder Scrolls online in April? :D

I'm not a complete geek but i have my geeky side. I enjoy playing League of Legends (MOBA) and when ever i need to upgrade my computer i build it myself, it's kind of soothing. I have a fair few game figurines and awesome fairy/ dragon ornaments!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I'm offended!!

I am not a geek. I am a nerd.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I prefer the term nerd, thank you very much :) I love to read and play cards and games (Loaded Questions, Taboo, Yahtzee, Mad Gab, Apples to Apples, etc) I like to research all different subjects and sometimes get a bit obsessed with whatever I am currently researching.

Geeks/Nerds Unite!!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Everyone is a geek or nerd around here. :yawn: :yawn:
  • wrk2hrd
    wrk2hrd Posts: 28
    Options
    Currently muddling my way through N+ (CompTIA) course/cert

#ugg
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I read The Hobbit when I was 5 (with help from my dad) and have been absolutely hooked on all thing Fantasy (and sci-fi) ever since). I've also been playing video games since I was 2-3 yrs old. I'm obsessed with the Legend of Zelda, and I am proudly passing on the noble tradition to my sons :drinker:

I have read A Song of Fire and Ice, but I have only watched the first season of the tv series (so far)

If anyone with an affinity for geek culture wants to chat, feel free to add me.
  • Naomibunluv123
    Naomibunluv123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    compete whovian here! I can spend hours on face book just going through DoctorWho memes. The 9th doctors my favorite, he was just so "fantastic" also a complete animal and enviormental geek, but when ever I start telling some one about how sweet peregrine falcons are or my theory on time travel they lose intrest pretty quick. I also geek my favorite series Eragon too, I've read it so many times, but no one else has really took the time to read it (it's pretty lengthy) Alas I have had no luck so far in my search for a dragon egg :(. Dinosuars are pretty sweet too, and I got addicted to Exibited (a dinosaur game) for the longest time before I force myself to quit.
  • langurmonkey
    Options
    Fellow geek checking in - I love Pathfinder and D&D and boardgames. I have also found running and hiking to be a good way of geeking out while exercising as there are lots of gadgets and other fun stuff involved (GPS watches, geocaching etc.)
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Meeee!

Book nerd.

<3
  • misfitsgurl08
    misfitsgurl08 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love to read! I'd read all day every day if I could. I'm a huge Harry Potter fangirl, totally in love with Doctor Who and Sherlock not to mention countless other fandoms. So yup, i'm a total nerd.
  • misfitsgurl08
    misfitsgurl08 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ..:smile:
  • harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    What a fun thread! Expect a lot of friend requests from me, everyone! Haha.

I have a lot of interests.... my main is comic books. My favorite universe is Batman, but other than that I am not much of a DC girl. Scott Pilgrim was also a fun read. I love books (reading a Song of Ice and Fire now!) and cosplay, certain games but I'm not a gamer, and a bunch of other stuff I'm sure will bore people! :)

Pleased to meet all of you now though :)