Looking for vegetarian friends

Options
I decided to start a vegetarian lifestyle. I'm looking for friends for advice, ideas or support.

Thank you in advance.

Replies

• Vegetarian since 1990
    Vegan since March 2012

Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • purplebohemian
    Options
    I would not classify myself as a vegetarian currently, but I am working towards a vegetarian only diet. One of my goals that I am working on right now is having three full days dedicated to eating vegetarian. :)
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    I certainly have toyed with the idea and then it seems like too much work. Especially with a family to provide for! Feel free to add me though. Maybe I can learn from you.
  • dimps084
    dimps084 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been a vegetarian all my life. Would love to help you with any questions. :)
  • jille23
    jille23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! New here. I've been a vegetarian for 18 years. Feel free to add me and ask any questions you might have. I've gotten fairly good at managing protein intake in that time, and of course working towards getting enough iron and zinc. It's a challenge but once you're in the groove it's second nature.
  • sarahsvb
    sarahsvb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    im vegan. what do you need help with? feel free to add me!!
  • veganlisa
    veganlisa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me. :)
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Check the Happy Herbivores group. Lots of veg*ns there.
  • Steph_in_Mississippi
    Options
    Thank you !
  • Dianeshealthysteps
    Options
    Ten years, feel free to add me
  • PeaceVegan
    PeaceVegan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for 7 years ... boarderline vegan. Feel free to add me too.
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for 24 years (cripes!) - feel free to add.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I'm not all that active here anymore, so you may not want to add me, but here's the only tip I needed when I decided to try out vegetarian eating almost a year ago:

www.theppk.com

A majority of meals I eat now are from Isa's site or one of her cookbooks, and almost every single one is delicious! There's only been a couple out of probably 70+ recipes we've done that I didn't like, and even then it was just personal preference.

I feel way, way better than when I ate meat, but I need to supplement a bit and I wouldn't push people to give up meat if they don't want to.
  • jenievans1
    jenievans1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Though I am not strictly vegetarian, I am moving in that direction. I also have been cutting out dairy (lactose intolerant) and gluten (apparently I'm also sensitive to it). Since my hubby wants meat at least once a day, we have to accommodate two meal plans for weight loss in our house. When the daughters visit, they are vegan, so that's another factor to consider. Feel free to add me.
  • Steph_in_Mississippi
    Options
    Thank you BaconMD!
  • CaitErin1101
    CaitErin1101 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm considering starting a vegetarian lifestyle as well. What do you think of it so far?
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I started January 1st going vegetarian. could use some like friends!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Thank you BaconMD!

You're welcome!

...MFP won't let me change my nickname, btw. LOL. I used to eat bacon by the package. I don't even miss it.

Well, I miss it a little.
  • Steph_in_Mississippi
    Options
    Caitbelt.. So far I'm liking it. I love to cook and love vegetables... I haven't had any desire for meat. I'm a big fan of mushrooms. They have a meaty taste to me. Since they're are so many different options like morning star products, I think it's worth a try. If it doesn't suit you, you can go back. I don't eat eggs but I do consume milk products. I've only been doing this for almost 2 weeks. But I have my mind set and I'm a stubborn person. LOL....

Bacon MD... My 16 year old could eat bacon every hour of the day... LOL....
  • purplebohemian
    Options
    I'm a big fan of mushrooms. They have a meaty taste to me.

If you like mushrooms and are still eating cheese, I suggest this recipe. I've made it a couple of times--I'm not a big fan of mushrooms, but I loved it. So did my husband!

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/portobello_philly_cheese_steak_sandwich.html