P90X3 - Awesome

Options
I just wanted to share with anyone on the fence about purchasing P90X3, it is well worth it. Using a heart rate monitor, I am averaging 500 calories per 30 minute workout. For reference I am 5'11, 240 lbs. I've been doing P90X on and off for over a year, and I found that by the second half of the workout, I wasn't giving it 100%. The P90X3 workouts are intense and efficient, and the time goes by so fast.

Anybody else out there loving the new P90X3 workouts?

Replies

• 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Hey! i just posted looking for people that are doing it! I'm on day 3 today and I have to say I fell in love with day 2 yesterday. Probably the most fun I've had in a work out in a LONG TIME and to top it all off, my butt hurts like CRAZY today, which makes me love x3 even more! today is x3 yoga, and when I did p90x i used to skip yoga because i hated doing 90 min of it! but, i THINK i will like doing ONLY 30 min of yoga ;-)

what day are you on?
  • Raiden091
    Raiden091 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Also on day 3 and looking forward to only 30 minutes of yoga today! I also loved yesterday's Agility X. The tape targets and exercises made it a lot of fun.
  • 4themoney
    Options
    i was laughing so hard during that 3.4 run? i can't recall all of the names.... too many. and at the end, the comments Tony was making about the gym.... so stinkin' funny!

i made a youtube video about the work out because i thought it was so awesome. 30 flies when you're having fun ;-)
  • Raiden091
    Raiden091 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My workout buddies and I were cracking up during Tony's rant about gym memberships at the end!!
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I love it too! I'm a week and a half in- love how short but intense the workouts are. And Yoga isn't bad. Still not my favorite... but it's at least doable now!
  • JAM810
    JAM810 Posts: 16
    Options
    I am doing P90X3 as well. I started on Tuesday (1/7). Synergetics and Agility X are what I have completed so far. Two years ago I was a two round P90X, RevAbs and Brazil Butt Lift user and I can't believe after two years how out of shape I am. I was thinking I was going to jump right into this, well, all I can say is boy I'm out of shape. Over the two years I gained 22lbs based upon my lowest weight at that time, which was too low, people thought I was sick. I had about 8% body fat and I haven't taken mine yet, but will before I get to far into this. So my goal is to lose 12lbs and to tone up what has since has went baggy and saggy and watch the body fat so it doesn't get too low. And, I know anything made by Tony Horton as long as you push play every day and do your best IT WORKS! Believe me It truly does!!! Best of luck to all on your 90 day P90X3 journey!!
  • LLHP90X3
    Options
    Hey all. I am on day 10 tonight. I did P90X two years ago, half assedly. This go round I am giving it my ALL as much as I can. Like the people in the videos say - it's only 30 minutes!

Not a fan of the Agility, but I did do better with it on this second week than the first, so I can say I am improving..and I got five more push ups in with The Challenge this week over last week.

I think it is a great program.
  • LLHP90X3
    Options
    Also I'd like to say that I am following the calorie guidelines as proposed by their nutrition guide, which puts me at 2400ish a day. That seems like a lot, but am trusting it this time, instead of what MFP gives me.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are about to finish week 3. In the past I have done P90X, P90X2, Asylum, Insanity, T25, Combat and Turbofire. I am adding a little to my workouts on certain days but so far so good. I still love Shaun T style though!
  • 4themoney
    Options
    What did you all think of The Challenge??
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Just did The Warrior..........no weights, but brutal..........absolutely brutal.
  • 4themoney
    Options
    has anyone done CVX yet?? I have that on the schedule for tonight!

the names of these work outs, are a little scary and a little thrilling ;-)