What is your favourite spice, and how do you use it?

Options
RinnyLush
RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
Mine is hands-down Smoked Paprika! It's tasty, smoky, and just a little bit sweet. So lovely on so many things.

I sprinkle it on veggies and meats before roasting or pan-frying, and it's also great mixed into grains like quinoa and rice!

What is your go-to spice or seasoning?

Replies

• deneesie25
    deneesie25 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love yellow curry. I put it on all meat & in my cottage cheese!
  • AndreaEllen
    AndreaEllen Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I can't survive without nutmeg! I put just a tiny bit in my savory dishes... makes a subtle complex flavor... especially in greens, or any cream or white sauce
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Salt, I put that *kitten* on everything
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I also enjoy smoked paprika, it's good stuff and I add it to quite a lot of foods. Rice, eggs, meats, stews, dips and sauces, casseroles, anything I need a savory kick to.

There are a couple other spices I tend to go through a lot of. Cinnamon is a favorite in which I use on breads, yogurts, baked sweet potatoes, and even in drinks like almond milk and coffee. I also tend to use a lot of dill in grains, vegetables, and yogurt (as dips and spreads).
  • truelove7
    truelove7 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I second yellow curry...and add a little ground ginger! :love:
    Also: Nutmeg, cumin, paprika, white pepper, cayenne pepper...you should see my spice cabinet! No bland food in MY house!
  • Domane1963
    Domane1963 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Ground cinnamon! I have it daily in my porridge, my black coffee and my low-cal occasional hot-chocolate..... yummmm
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I love me some cinnamon. It just makes everything taste more warm and earthy. :)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Wasabi

Up my nose.

Try it!
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Garlic salt! :love:
  • train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Herbs de Provence. It is a Southern France spice mixture. It makes chicken, pork, and veggies really awesome. I am from the midwest and not very well traveled so when I came aross this in a recipe, I wasn't sure about it and was amazed the grocery store even had it. I tried it and, WOW!
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Old Bay, on everything. :)
  • Flipjax
    Flipjax Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cayenne pepper. Anything that lacks flavor, put some of this in, and its good! =]
  • tat20
    tat20 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon in my coffee and Roasted garlic and herb seasoning....on pretty much everything lol. I am a garlic freak. Other than that, pepper.
  • DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I loveee spices. I'd have to say it's a tie between garlic, cinnamon and curry for me. I put garlic on everything savory basically, cinnamon in anything sweet I make (inluding smoothies) and I love to make curried stirfrys when I meal prep!
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Chives! I put it into many of my dishes. Close second - sea salt. I'm not a fan of the sodium tasting table salt, but sea salt doesn't have that same flavor to me.
  • mcomcorp
    mcomcorp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try fresh ground AllSpice. It is really delicious on butternut squash or sweet potato rounds. I mix fresh ground All spice with fresh minced garlic, salt and pepper and pam spray on 3/8 inch slices of butternut squash or sweet potatos. Put pam on a baking sheet and put the round slices down on the tray, just one level, not stacked. Set oven for 425 and roast for 45 minutes. They come out carmelized, crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside and very few calories.
  • cedarblack
    cedarblack Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Smoked paprika for me too! I used to add smoked bacon or chorizo to a lot of dishes, now I just use smoked paprika instead!
  • erinbuberinxo
    Options
    Either nutmeg because it's great in sweet and savory dishes, particularly creamy dishes. Or sea salt (if that counts as a spice??) I put it in a lot of dishes because it has such a nice flavour.
  • chelley_79
    chelley_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    GARLIC!!!!! ON EVERYTHING!!!!!! MMMMMMMMM!!! :love:
  • Sarasota_Guy
    Sarasota_Guy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    garlic for sure, on everything, and ground cayenne pepper! :)