Just Dance for 30 Days Challenge

Options
I really want to do a challenge so badly! So I decided to make one that I've had results from that I want to share with people on here. It's doing Just Dance for, at least, an hour a day.

Basically, you can play ANY dance game for the Wii or Xbox 360 or PS3 or any other console for as long as you want so long as you do an hour, at least.

You can play Just Dance, The Experience games (Michael Jackson, The Hip Hop Experience, ABBA, Black-Eyed Peas), DDR, In the Groove, Zumba, etc. Just as long as you are dancing, anything goes.

You can do any other cardio or anything you want just as long you play at least an hour a day on this.

I've had great results with this in the past so hopefully, this might help some of you out.

Starting from today (3rd January) and ending in 2nd February. Don't forget to type your current weight when starting and your end weight on the 2nd February or whenever your next weigh-in is.

Start Weight (3rd Jan): 17st 10lb
Current Weight (2nd Feb):

Good luck to all of you who want to participate! :D

Replies

• GagaForever
    Options
    Hi!

I'm actually doing this as well, I started on December 31st.

I play Just Dance 3 for an hour a day with my kinect. So far I have lost 4 pounds.

It is a wonderful way to workout. I love it!

Start Weight (Dec 31) 194 pounds
    Weigh in today (Jan 3) 190 pounds
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    This sounds like fun!
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy someone has posted in here, haha. I didn't want to think I'd be the only one doing it!

I did 30 minutes today on my bad ankle. Not bad going!
  • jitsuda
    jitsuda Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    YAY! I am so glad you started this!

My husband bought me JustDance 4 in October and I have been doing it almost everyday since then. I finally cancelled my gym membership. I was not in shape so I started like 20 mins/day and then sloowwllly work myself up.

In terms of weight; .. dancing with some calorie restriction ( I tried but I love to eat!)
    10/2013 : 134.3
    1/2/14 : 127.4

1 : Zumba 60 mins
    2: Just Dance 60 mins
    3: Zumba 30 mins

So far.. Will weight in at the end of the month and see!
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    I've not managed to do it as I've had a 11 hour shift at work and on a bad ankle too so as you can imagine, my foot is ACHING! :(
  • MaddKota
    Options
    This is a great challenge!! I started a new cardio routine yesterday. Hopefully, this will jump start exercising for 2014. I was planning to use all the dance games you mentioned, so count me in. I started with Hip Hop experience yesterday for 1 hour.

I have a question - what do you use when logging this in as exercise on My Fitness Pal?

Current weigh - 190 (01/06)

Thanks!!
    :smile:
  • hithisisili
    hithisisili Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just started this as my workout also. I do an hour to an hour n half of either zumba for the wii, or just dance for the wii.
    I wear my heart rate monitor and its a great workout. Anywhere between 400-600 calories. I love it! I plan on doing this for a while to see if I loose anything. I'm down for the challenge.

Starting weight 186
  • Jennabug816
    Jennabug816 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a little late to this topic but I wanna join! I have a few different Just Dance games, and Zumba as well. I'll start today!

Start weight 1/7/2014 - 185lbs
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    I made one called "Wii Dancing" and entered the calories myself. :)

Also, guys, I've made a group called Just Dance to Fitness. It's this thread but in the Group section and I've not put a closing date on.

Check it out! :)
  • brighteyes1967
    Options
    Count me in I will start tomorrow and carry it on . Will log my start weight in the morning :-) got the new Wii 2014 game for kids for Xmas so will give it go
  • LadyLissa11
    LadyLissa11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have just dance 2 on wii and recently just started using it. I think I will try to do the hour a day. Does anyone have estimate for calories burned for Just Dance?
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Just post the sweat points earned in it. I think somebody actually managed to convert the points into calories on Google somewhere, been trying to search for it. If I find it, I'll post the link on the group part. :)
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18614-just-dance-to-fitness

That's the link to the group by the way. If you all could join on that instead of on here, it'd be a lot easier for everyone to find! :)
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    HOW TO TURN SWEAT POINTS INTO CALORIES:

"The equivalent for a typical overweight person to take sweat points and turn them into calories seems to be, after some runs with my various tracking equipment, about 4.2:1. That is, you take the sweat points, divide by 4.2, and get your resulting calories. So if you did a song and burned 420 sweat points, that would be 100 calories."

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art175545.asp

Basically, every 4.2 (just say 4 instead) sweat points equals 1 calorie. Get the number of sweat points and divide it by 4.2 and you get your calories
  • Doraboyes
    Doraboyes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just saw this thread I'd like to join I will start tomorrow
  • MaddKota
    Options
    Ok great! I will sign up for the new group too!
  • MamaC77
    MamaC77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This is right up my alley! Wish i had found it earlier but its never too late. Ill get on this today. I am excited. Finally something i actually love to do.
  • kymbalee13
    Options
    Just started a this current weight 226 lb Feb 2nd doing just dance 2 for an 1 hr a day plus walking /jogging 30 min a day let's hope this works =)