new to this

Options
hey guys and gals, i am new to this board but not to working out... i have to admit i have been going to the gym for about 2 months now (5 times a week for 2hrs each workout). i have lost about 10 pounds. it could have been more if i had eat right and healthy:grumble: . now im getting my act straight and going to follow a strict diet:happy: .. hopefully lose the 2 pounds a week goal i am going by. i thought i stop by and say hello and that you be seeing me alot now... oh a little about myself. i am a SAHM to two children and a military wife and right now we are currently station at spangdahlem ab, germany

Replies

• lauren85
    lauren85 Posts: 28
    Options
    hey guys and gals, i am new to this board but not to working out... i have to admit i have been going to the gym for about 2 months now (5 times a week for 2hrs each workout). i have lost about 10 pounds. it could have been more if i had eat right and healthy:grumble: . now im getting my act straight and going to follow a strict diet:happy: .. hopefully lose the 2 pounds a week goal i am going by. i thought i stop by and say hello and that you be seeing me alot now... oh a little about myself. i am a SAHM to two children and a military wife and right now we are currently station at spangdahlem ab, germany
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren, and welcome! This site is fantastic, addicting, and fun too! And best of all, it really works!
    Between the easy, great food log, and all the wonderfully supportive people here, you WILL lose whatever weight that you want to!
    I might suggest to log all your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than afterwards, as it tends to lead to better food choices. You might also want to weigh and or measure some of your foods too, instead of just estimating.
    One other thing that might help you. This ISN'T a diet, it's a lifestyle change. I know that as soon as I hear the word diet, I cringe inside, and know that I'll only last just sooooo long before I throw in the towel. But, not here. I'm making much better food choices these days, as well as cutting my portions. But I know that if I "work" for whatever I eat with exercise, I CAN have a "goody" every now and then, and STILL lose weight! And YOU can too!
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Hi Lauren, and welcome! This site is fantastic, addicting, and fun too! And best of all, it really works!
    Between the easy, great food log, and all the wonderfully supportive people here, you WILL lose whatever weight that you want to!
    I might suggest to log all your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than afterwards, as it tends to lead to better food choices. You might also want to weigh and or measure some of your foods too, instead of just estimating.
    One other thing that might help you. This ISN'T a diet, it's a lifestyle change. I know that as soon as I hear the word diet, I cringe inside, and know that I'll only last just sooooo long before I throw in the towel. But, not here. I'm making much better food choices these days, as well as cutting my portions. But I know that if I "work" for whatever I eat with exercise, I CAN have a "goody" every now and then, and STILL lose weight! And YOU can too!
  • BrenNew
    Options
  • BrenNew
    Options
  • BrenNew
    Options
    I am sooooooo sorry for all the posts! My computer was frozen, and I didn't think it sent, so I hit post again. But geez, I sure never hit it 4 times!
  • lauren85
    lauren85 Posts: 28
    Options
    its ok i do that alot too. today is the first day i started taking track of what i eat and drink and its helping already. i am already eating healthy and less of it.. so that i dont go over my calories for the day.
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Isn't it amazing how fast the totals climb up, up, up during the day with what we eat? It's really keeping me on track, that's for sure! And I never used to exercise much, but now it's a daily thing, just so that I can have higher numbers and get to eat MORE! :laugh:
  • bonniedo1
    bonniedo1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am BrenNEW'S sister Bonnie. She got me into this sight on may 19th. I have been on weightwatchers from here to timbuctoo. the last time i joined they made a coment about me being back again. I have been to overeaters ann. along with trying to be hyptonized with brennew. that was funny. what i am trying to say is i am 53 and have aloooot of weight to lose. i have joined a gym that gave me arthritis in both knees, so i quit. this site is like nothing i have tried. i was shocked to find out alot of things that have protien in them,like tomatoes. i always thought my weight problem was because of carbs. but now that i can actually see the figures, it is protiens the most. it has been two months and i have lost 19 lbs. i have atleast 100 more to go. i hate to exercise but i have been making myself walk from 20 to 40 minutes atleast 5 days a week. i hate it but i do it. i have gotten some great food ideas from my sister and don't feel like i am on a diet. i am not hungry, most of the time anyway. if i can lose weight on this anyone can. i am down one size and can actually breath in my pants now. i know you will do great. bonnie
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!