2-5 ingredient raw/vegan recipes.

Options
dubist
dubist Posts: 279 Member
Whats your favorite easy to make raw/vegan recipes?
looking for recipes with minimal steps and ingredients.
I am heading back into vegan life 2014 and want to make it easy on myself as i made it far to complicated by the end of my last attempt.

cheers.

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    shredded beets,carrot,apples,romaine lettuce with a dressing of lemon juice,olive oil & a bit of maple syrup

roasted broccoli/cauliflower - brocolli/cauliflower tossed in olive oil & salt / garlic put in 425 oven for 15 minutes

vegweb.com is a good resource
  • dubist
    Options
    i really like date bars. they seem simple to make.
  • The_Raspberry
    The_Raspberry Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Oh, I would like some inspiration as well!

Pita bread with veggies (cucumber, cabbage, tomatoes, grated carrot etc.) and hummus is simple and makes a good meal.

I also love avocado soup, you can make it both raw and cooked fairly simple. Raw version: Mix up some avocado, cucumber and spinache with water, lemon juice and spices. Done!
  • monible
    Options
    My favorite recipes come from ANI's raw cookbooks... she has several, but I find they are all quite simple and very flavorful with her asian twists..... You can get them at Chapters/Coles.... Sorry to not post a recipe, but thought I would share my favorite cookbooks :)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    blend dates, unsweetened shredded coconut and carob chips, form into balls or bars
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    do you mean raw AND vegan or raw OR vegan? if cooked stuff is ok, i have a bean soup that i make that is ridiculously easy and fast. at the most basic level it's a can of refried beans, a can of black beans, a cup of salsa, and a cup or two of vegetable stock. i usually add a lot more to this, but if i'm in a hurry the basics do the job pretty well - especially if you use a very flavorful salsa. for add-ins i use any of the following:

sauteed onions and garlic
    jalapeno
    extra seasoning - cumin, chili powder, oregano, etc
    fresh herbs - particularly cilantro or green onion
    lime juice
    crumbled up tortilla chips (they sort of dissolve and make the soup extra thick)
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love to make tabbouleh! You can make a raw version by just processing parsley, tomato, raw almonds, onion, and lemon juice -- then toss in some sprouted beans and salt to taste and it's delicious and super healthy.
    I also love to make chia pudding... ground chia seeds, coconut/almond milk, and sugar/stevia mixed together and left in the fridge overnight makes a great breakfast.
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    bump for recipes
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Check out the youtube show "Raw. Vegan. Not Gross." She has great recipes with fairly minimal ingredient lists and are really tasty.
  • micneg01
    micneg01 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Fried Green Plantains

1 Green or Greenish Yellow Plantain
    2 tbsp olive oil
    Sea salt

fry each side in pan until hard. Take out of pan and smoosh with the bottom of a glass cup. Place back in pan and fry each side until golden brown. Sprinkle each side LIGHTLY with sea salt

Just had this for lunch with some brown rice. It simple, very very filling, and yummy!
  • camy37
    camy37 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump! I am going to try a raw pad thai dinner for tonight.

If anyone wants to check out the recipe, here is the link

http://vegangela.com/2012/07/16/raw-pad-thai/
  • karenefwalsh
    karenefwalsh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    All of these sound really good!
  • The_Raspberry
    The_Raspberry Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Wow! This looks freakin fantastic. Bookmarked for later! Thanks for sharing :)

How was it?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    avocado, raw cacao, honey. choc mousse.

frozen banana, whiz. icecream.

frozen mixed berries or mango, whizzed. sorbet

dates, almond butter, coconut oil, maca powder, salt. whizzed. caramel

cacao butter, raw cacao, honey, salt. melted, mixed, set. chocolate. (or make banana icecream and use as raw ice magic.)

zucchini noodles. tomato (fresh and semi dried), basil, garlic, salt, onion, tamari/braggs, spices, walnuts, whizzed. pasta + sauce

cashews soaked, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice, salt. processed. cashew cheese/sauce
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options

Yes.. looks good.. thank you:flowerforyou:
  • camy37
    camy37 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It was delicious. The longer you let it sit in the fridge, the more the flavors get into the zucchini noodles.
    I definitely recommend it :)
  • gypsyone96
    Options
    Baked sweet potatoes or just regular potatoes. Just cut them up, sprinkle some thyme or oregano, throw them in the oven, and you're good to go!
  • dubist
    Options
    so many great ideas.

any b'fast ideas? i like muesli.