Need to loose 35 pounds in short time period

Options
2»

Replies

• LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    You've been given some good advice here so far. I'm around your age and I completely understand the desperation to look good for spring break! I don't think your current goal is realistic, but don't let that get you down. You can definitely start now and make some amazing progress before spring break! Aim for 1-2 pounds a week, probably closer to 1. Don't eat too little or else you are just cheating yourself - trust me, eating less is NOT the answer and it will most likely backfire. Figure out your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) (including your daily exercise) here, and then subtract 500-1000 calories from that for your weight loss goal:
    http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced

You'll notice that the above calculator also tells you your basal metabolic rate, or BMR. Make sure you are not eating under your BMR - so if subtracting 1000 calories from your TDEE gives you a number lower than your BMR number, subtract less than that and eat that amount every day.

I know its frustrating, but you need to learn to love yourself as you are. You are absolutely not "disgusting," and you can have a blast with your friends no matter what you look like over spring break. Hating your body will not get you anywhere. I've been down that road. It's when I learned to love myself, even when I didn't have my goal body, that weight loss became a lot easier and more fun, and I started actually enjoying life. Have a great time on spring break love :heart:
  • aeromat
    aeromat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    There are no quick fixes. Losing it quickly means gaining it back just as fast. I lost 100 pounds in 6 months in high school by practically starving myself and gained it all back in no time.

Moderation is the key as is living a healthy lifestyle. Focus on losing that weight and stick with that plan if you want to keep it off. I don't believe in losing "vanity pounds," unfortunately. It's a recipe for disaster.