Funny how the phrase.. I've got nothing to wear..

grover0ca
grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
edited September 22 in Success Stories
Can go from being a statement of frustration to one that I am happy to say!!

3 months ago I would often say "i've got nothing to wear"..meaning nothing fit/everything was tight/nothing looked good.

And now I can say that same phrase because all my clothes are TOO BIG!! I am more than happy to say "I've got nothing to wear" now-because it means I can shopping for a smaller size :bigsmile:

Replies

• WOOHOO!!!
  • wow i cant wait to be able to say that and have an excuse to shop! :) keep it up
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    That's a Great why to look at that statement, I too was like that all the clothes were tooo big, but I finally went shopping It's a awesome feeling to buy smaller clothes.

GREAT JOB on your achievements!!! :bigsmile:
  • grover0ca
    I can't wait to go shopping..but I think now I will hold off on shopping for a bit yet...lose a few more pounds first!
  • AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    BEST FEELING EVER!!!! Good for you!! I am in the same boat, NOTHING to wear!! I am at my goal, just 4 lbs off, so I went for the first time in years and bought myself a couple outfits! Old Size - 16 New Size - 8!! :)
    You will LOVE shopping! Congrats again!
  • twinsmomma02
    twinsmomma02 Posts: 79 Member
    What a great feeling, isn't it? I have lost 25 pounds and I am finally shopping for smaller sizes....It's funny how I still automatically go towards the larger sizes all of the way in the back of the rack out of habit. Yesterday I was trying on pants and the size 16 was too big, they didn't have them in 14's, so I grabbed a 12 and thought the whole way to the dressing room that they would never fit. To my surprise, the 12's fit perfectly and I ended up buying them. I went home and cleaned out my closet and finally got rid of all the 18's! So, yes, it sure is a wonderful feeling to say that I also have nothing to wear! Congratulations!
  • grover0ca
    I know what you mean because in my head I am still the bigger version of me..I have to look twice in the mirror sometimes!
  • ashleyinthestars
    ashleyinthestars Posts: 107 Member
    I know what you mean because in my head I am still the bigger version of me..I have to look twice in the mirror sometimes!

Same here...I did a serious double-take in the bathroom mirror as I was passing by the other night. I almost didn't recognize myself!

Congrats on your milestone, I know EXACTLY what you going through with the clothes issue...just wait till you can overhaul your closet ;):flowerforyou:
  • Awesome!! Thats the one thing us women do best is SHOP! Great job
  • HELP !!!! NEED HELP TO FOCUS. HAVE LOST IT , CAN'T SEEM TO GET IT BACK TOGETHER. STOPED WALKING (WAS WALKING 25-30 MILE A WEEK) WAS WORKING OUT AT CURVES 3-4 TIMES A WEEK, AND LOGGING EVERYTHING i PUT IN MY MOUTH, i HAVE LOST THE DRIVE AND NEED IT BACK. i HAVE LOST 13 LBS SINCE JUNE4 , BUT STILL HAVE A TOTAL OF 40 TO TAKE OFF. ANY IDEAS IN HOW TO GET IT BACK TOGETHER? ANY ONE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE
  • qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    congrats on having nothing to wear! I was there too, finally had to break down and buy some things, I felt like I was dressed in clown clothes, LOL! And I forget sometimes I have lost the weight too, just today I forgot and had to remind myself!
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    i am right with you...i am ready to go down to my basement to see how my pre-prego clothes fit! I am hoping maybe they are a little snug but fit nice...my clothes now i am wearing a belt for the first time lol
  • qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    HELP !!!! NEED HELP TO FOCUS. HAVE LOST IT , CAN'T SEEM TO GET IT BACK TOGETHER. STOPED WALKING (WAS WALKING 25-30 MILE A WEEK) WAS WORKING OUT AT CURVES 3-4 TIMES A WEEK, AND LOGGING EVERYTHING i PUT IN MY MOUTH, i HAVE LOST THE DRIVE AND NEED IT BACK. i HAVE LOST 13 LBS SINCE JUNE4 , BUT STILL HAVE A TOTAL OF 40 TO TAKE OFF. ANY IDEAS IN HOW TO GET IT BACK TOGETHER? ANY ONE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE

First off, relax, and breathe. Try to remember what got you started in the first place, and how hard you have worked to get where you are. You are doing great and you just need to refocus, you can do it! 13 pounds lost is terrific!
  • grover0ca
    Awesome!! Thats the one thing us women do best is SHOP! Great job

Yes...it is definately a skill I have sharpened over the years :bigsmile:
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    NICE JOB. I LOVE THAT FEELING ALSO. NOTHING FITS ANYMORE...GREAT JOB YOU LOOK GREAT.

1709022.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!