Turning 40!

Options
Hi! I'm here for motivation and inspiration. I'm turning 40 this year and have a one year old. Now is as good a time as any to lose the weight. I started out at 189 and I am down to 160-163. I'm ready to lose the last little bit and reduce my blood pressure and gain more energy!!!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Fit by forty!
  • littlebBigB
    Options
    Also, feel free to befriend me on the app!!!
  • bjdw_1977
    bjdw_1977 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Four years to go for me to hit the big 4-0. Started at 88kg about a month ago and aiming for 72kg by end of July 2014.

Cheers.
  • littlebBigB
    Options
    Fit by forty!
    That's the plan!!!
  • littlebBigB
    Options
    Four years to go for me to hit the big 4-0. Started at 88kg about a month ago and aiming for 72kg by end of July 2014.

Cheers.
    That's awesome Ben! Cheers to you as well. You will have to go somewhere warm in July and show off your new bod!
  • idann
    idann Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 Saturday! I was 186 this summer and after an abcess..fall..and the holidays am up to 210. My goal of being fit by 40 won't happen but I believe it can happen before I turn 41. I know how just need to get to work. Here is to kicking myself in the butt,
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am turning 40 in the upcoming year too. Trying to get in better shape by then.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    My goal of being fit by 40 won't happen but I believe it can happen before I turn 41.
    Fitter by 40!
  • boymom75
    Options
    I turn 40 in 2015 but it's close enough! Time to get into shape. I don't see why at this age, we can't be in the best shape of our lives! Good luck to you! Feel free to add me for support, I log on daily. :smile:
  • littlebBigB
    Options
    I turn 40 Saturday! I was 186 this summer and after an abcess..fall..and the holidays am up to 210. My goal of being fit by 40 won't happen but I believe it can happen before I turn 41. I know how just need to get to work. Here is to kicking myself in the butt,

We can all do it. Of course it would be easier if we were all 20, but I'm sure we can do it! I think the key is weightlifting
    I think myfitnesspal has made me realize just how many calories are in restaurant meals. You just can't pig out at lunch and expect to lose weight.
  • starlaca
    starlaca Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'm 42. You can do it. Let your little one be of some motivation to you. You will be healthy, fit, and happy, and be able to run circles around him/her, and will be there to do the same when your grandkids come around.

Good luck. :wink:
  • michellewalker8866
    Options
    That is so true about resturant food. I thought one day I would get a sandwhich at Subway. I just got a plain sandwhich with no mayo just some meat and the veggies. I was hungry that day and ate a a whole sandwhich. I was shocked when I came back to the office and log what I ate. I had ate almost all my calories for the day. I won't do that again. That was a lesson learned. Since being on here I am more aware of the calories and what I burn.
  • jpads1234
    jpads1234 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 now wish I would of started a couple of years ago to shed the extra weight. No time like the present tho. best of luck to all
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I turn 42 in a couple of months, come on it, the waters great!
  • idann
    idann Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I created a group for us if you are interested in joining!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18694-going-to-rock-our-40th-year
  • claire7q
    claire7q Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 40 in 24 days. Still not sure how that happened, last time I looked I was 21.
  • kit8kat
    kit8kat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Littleb and everyone else,

I'm turning 40 in June and am determined to be fit and fabulous when the big day comes around. I'm trying the 5:2 fasting diet so if anyone would like to add me please feel free. It would be nice to share the journey :flowerforyou:
  • richardositosanchez
    richardositosanchez Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I started exercising/eating better when I turned 40 as well, and about 1½ years later I managed to lose 50 lbs.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    This is my year to hit the big four O too!

Man time flies...

I just have a little more weight that I want to lose. I'm still working on my 6pack:wink: