small NSV, but I'm sure others can relate

Options
Tonight, walking into work on night 3 or 4. Terrible week, I'll spare you the details.....But on my way in I was tired and headed to the caf thinking I'll just say screw it tonight! Then a voice said, "you're not hungry, you're just stressed." I got black coffee and stayed on track... I know this seems small but it felt like a victory!

Anyone had a similar experience?

Replies

• YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am in a similar boat tonight, stressed and bored and strolled into the kitchen craving cheese to snack on- since I realized I was not hungry, just bored more so than anything, I fixed myself some bell pepper slices and carrots with a bit of hummus. Easily 70% less calories then I would demolish in cheese, and it fixed my need for something to much on while adding some nutrition to the fix.
  • almostpurple
    almostpurple Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Absolutely get it! I have exams this week and usually this level of stress would send me straight to the junk food and probably send me into a pattern of binging. And this is the first time EVER in memory I managed to not just delay the cravings/urge to binge, but actually 'get over them'. It feels so great to know giving in is not inevitable. :D
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Changing stress eating habits is a HUGE nsv! Congratulations!
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    This relates to one of the best quotes I read on that favourite quote page, which is: If it's not hunger, food won't fix it!

Congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    That is not a small NSV, that is a major one! Overcoming those old habits is so hard, and you did it! Yay!
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That is not a small NSV, that is a major one! Overcoming those old habits is so hard, and you did it! Yay!

100% AGREE!!!
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    This relates to one of the best quotes I read on that favourite quote page, which is: If it's not hunger, food won't fix it!

This quote is amazing. Going to repeat to myself often from now on....good habit-breaking mantra.
  • watercolormama
    watercolormama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You're right, it is HUGE! So glad for you that you could discern the voice of discouragement and the voice of reason. I think most of this journey is like that, and being honest about things, facing them as they come. Yay!!!
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Cake in the break room at work. Didn't eat any = WIN.
  • NeIIaBeIIa
    NeIIaBeIIa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great work!

I've had two similar experiences this week:
    - home made choc brownies in the lunch room yesterday (considered them... but walked past and SMILED) and I was by MYSELF. This is a major win. I'm a secret eater.
    - today there was office-wide take out Chinese food order. Was offered to me but kind of made me queasy and I said no thanks straight away. So I ate salad and stinky tinned fish as discretely as I could :) Am sure the whole office stinks now as a result... but I don't really care too much.
  • abbyoncloud9
    abbyoncloud9 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Cake in the break room at work. Didn't eat any = WIN.

Been there, that is a HUGE win! Great job.
  • MrsCZM138
    MrsCZM138 Posts: 116
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!