ladies

Options
How do you manage when you're on your period? I always crave chocolate, bit I need to find an alternative.
Any ideas?

Thank you

Replies

• Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    i eat chocolate and still lose weight....
    i'm pretty sure you can too!
  • alc212
    alc212 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I promise myself a single square of dark chocolate as the last thing I eat for the day - only if I stay under my calories though!
    That way I know its coming, and I have something to look forward to!

Also, most chocolate cravings can be held at bay by either fruit or something coconut flavoured :)
  • MrsCZM138
    MrsCZM138 Posts: 116
    Options

Ditto. I eat the chocolate. Lol
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I love really dark chocolate. If you look at my diary, you will see I eat 1-2 squares of Ghiardelli almost every night. The flavor is intense so I don't feel like I need more than a couple squares.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm dealing with that NOW as you posted it I swear you're reading my mind. I just keep thinking "The body I want or the craving I want..." what's the long term? I just had 2 clementines and the sweetness is kinda helping. I'm REALLY wanting Chocolate covered peanut M&M's.

If by after work the craving doesn't go away, I'm probably going to have dark chocolate or a chocolate protein shake.
  • BreeJaxon
    BreeJaxon Posts: 128
    Options
    Eat chocolate!!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options

Ditto. I eat the chocolate. Lol

+1 more
  • Always_Smiling_D
    Always_Smiling_D Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I saw the topic and immediately said out loud "YEAAAAAAH"

Eat the chocolate, choose dark chocolate since it has antioxidants and it is said to be healthier (if that makes you feel better), buy the small bite size ones and keep in a place where you would have to lil stand up and get rather than keeping them close where you can binge on it...
  • christinemadden0223
    christinemadden0223 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    While I ALSO eat chocolate and try for moderation, another idea is coffee! Often (and especially around period time) your body wants magnesium which is prevalent in cocoa, but also in coffee! I also like light hot cocoa...
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I eat the chocolate. In small amounts if I'm near my calorie limit (though, really, I don't stress if I go over every once in a while -- I just try to stay under maintenance). Someone upthread mentioned Ghirardelli squares, and those are great. There's a dark chocolate one with sea salt and almonds, and two of those are just over 100 calories. They're divine and very satisfying without taking up a lot of calories.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure where this was going. There are quite a lot of things to manage when you have your period. Chocolate is not one of them as long as it fits into your calorie goal.
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If you really don't want to eat the chocolate for the sake of calories, look for a less calorie dense chocolate. If you are craving peanut M&Ms, try the pretzel M&Ms instead. If you're craving a cupcake, try a 90 calorie Fiber One brownie, etc.
  • dgraboski
    dgraboski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I eat the chocolate :tongue:
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Fit it into your day.
    And go for dark chocolate. Milk chocolate is just sugar and I think it tends to trigger the desire to eat more. I go for a good quality dark chocolate that is at least 70% cocoa and a few squares helps. Since I started logging I eat more food and the numbers are more consistent each day- this has actually made a huge difference on cravings relating to the cycle. Food is fuel, eat enough.

1 Tbsp of Nutella in plain greek yogurt also hits the spot sometimes.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow chocolate ice cream bars.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    OP based on this thread and the french fry one I wonder whether you're trying to be too restrictive with your diet.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to have a small amount of chocolate if you're craving it.
  • beezer324
    Options
    Tootsie Rolls aren't to bad(small ones)
    Weight Watchers chocolate ice cream
    Dark chocolate is my favorite!!:heart:
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself... eat dark chocolate in moderation.
  • Hjdavenport
    Options
    I have the same problem!! You could try a Quest Bar. They are healthy and they have some really yummy chocolate options. I have tried Chocolate chip cookie dough (my favorite), Brownie, and Chocolate Peanut butter. All delicious!