married couple workouts

Options
What is somethig funa and different my husband and I can do to workout besides just hitting the gym?

Replies

• WonderWhitney11
    WonderWhitney11 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My husband and I really enjoy going to yoga together... it took quite a bit of convincing to get him to try it, but once he did he was hooked! You could also go out and hike/snowshoe/cross country ski together, since it's winter and all!
  • Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    We love doing p90x, and during the warmer months we do a lot of trail biking together.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Really rough and fast sex?
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options

I was waiting for that
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Bicycles
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Sex... or burpees.
  • latewinterwolf
    Options
    you beat me to it lol
  • kenziberry
    kenziberry Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    sex is a given obviously....but thanks for the suggestion ;)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Giggity.

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought this.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    My husband and I can workout at the same time but not "together". He insists on doing this random, spontaneous, mish-mash workout with no plan or goal. Whereas I have to plan out my whole week, each workout is structured, organized and timed.

But daily sex is our favorite activity, so the system works lol
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hiking or bike ride at a park?
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Sex... or burpees.

The first option sounds a lot more fun.
    I know a few couples at my gym either lift weights or do spin class together.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Our second favorite physical activity :wink: is sparring--sometimes light playful sparring without gear, and sometimes more serious "I'm gonna knock your head off" sparring with padded gear.
    We also like to run and bicycle together.
    We keep talking about learning to dance, but we just can't squeeze it in right now (except for the slow kind that's not really a workout.)

Oh, yeah, we have a Wii and a few fitness/dance games. We could do that together, but I mainly do those with the kids.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    What is somethig funa and different my husband and I can do to workout besides just hitting the gym?

May I suggest getting an Xbox one, buy the Gold - get the fitness channel. Buy Just Dance 2014 & Zumba World Party. Get a HRM. Zumba burns anywhere from 400 - 600+ cals an hour.

Buy cheap dumbells at Target or Sports Authority, or used. I use them to do a light dumbbells w.o. & watch things I like on netflix, like documentaries.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

For 3 of 4 weeks thats a good suggestion. What about that 4th week though? Deload week to recover?
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Tennis, ballroom dancing lessons, rock climbing, hiking
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hiking or biking (road or mountain biking).
  • JustJennie13
    Options
    My husband and I hike and Roller Skate! I knew I had found my soul mate when I talked about old school speed skates and not being able to get into the Inline skating!!! My kids love it too! And they also wear speed skates because we're just cool like that! :wink:
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't have as much to lose as I do and he doesn't have specific goals but does want to trim up a bit...sometimes he'll do Wii Just Dance with me and we're getting a gym membership today (though you already have that). Another thing is that we started this week-take a few workouts that are under 5 minutes each and write them on popsicle sticks. In the morning, we pull out a random popsicle stick and do it. It may be crunches or planking, but something quick that will get us up, moving, and energized for the day before he heads off to school.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

For 3 of 4 weeks thats a good suggestion. What about that 4th week though? Deload week to recover?
    What are you, 16?