Just trying to get started... Again!

Options
Today is the day that things will change, I have to begin somewhere. I guess we can begin at the end... so to speak.

The Truth!
(Note: I am not complaining I am stating pure facts at this point!)

I am depressed, anxious, stressed and irritable 90% of the time. I have frequent debilitating headaches, heartburn, and dizziness. To be quite frank, most days I have no energy and I basically feel like complete ****.

I am unreliable, flaky and inconsistent when it comes to work and friends. The only thing that you can count on... we will probably have pizza at least 1 or 2 nights a week because I feel to stressed and crappy to make dinner.

Changes in progress.

Help myself first.
Strive for healthy weight and habits.
Facebook is on hold...fake friends not needed at this point.

My Plan:

Some version of the quote "No one can love you until you love yourself" has played over and over in my mind today. My thesis statement (if you will) is "How can I help anyone else, until I am able to help myself?" I have backed out of all possible commitments in work, school, kids school, socially and otherwise until I can get myself together.

I dumped out the Sailor Jerry Rum and Diet Coke last night. I am also going to outlaw popcorn and Woppers candy in my home. I’m going to buy more spinach and fresh veggies and lean meats. I will not claim to be on a diet, because I am not, I am eating healthy!

Facebook is deactivated. I will keep in touch with my real friends the good ole' fashion way, by phone! Because I know I am going to need all of the support that I can get for awhile.

Here comes the accountability...

I just dumped out the bottle of Sailor Jerry Rum, and all my Diet Coke!

I weigh 259.6 lbs. the heaviest I have ever been and never will be again. I am not going to accept my unhealthy lifestyle any longer!

Here it goes, wish me luck! I am on my way to big changes that have been necessary for a long time. I think I finally have a concrete plan in place to build upon as I progress. There is nowhere to go but up!

Replies

• alisonwarren77
    Options
    Good luck,

I am back on here after a 2 month gap, put on almost all the weight I had lost and hating how I look all over again. I don't love myself at all yet and I really want and need to to help in other aspects of my life, I wish you luck and ask you do the same for me and if you want to be pals on here let me know.

Alison
  • Wlodge
    Options
    Hi loved what you had to say echo,s a lot what I am feeling .. Wishing you the very best of luck .. Half the battle is being honest with yourself enou to make the changes happen
  • MelSabourin
    MelSabourin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

It's not easy...but it's definitely worth it.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I swear you and I were the SAME person!! I was 252 at my heaviest, and I was just depressed sad and lazy. I used any excuse I could come up with for anything. One day, something just clicked. I think the same has happened for you too! I stopped thinking I was on a diet, and just started living healthier. 123 pounds later, I am a completely different person.

Don't lose faith, you got this!!
  • angel013183
    angel013183 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love you Jenn! You can do this.
  • ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck! If you need an accountability / motivational buddy, please feel free to add me (I think we might have quite a bit in common).

P.S. You should have really offered to hand your rum and Diet Coke over to me before ditching it down the drain. :sad:
  • keely1998
    keely1998 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    :smile: u can do this girl feel free to add me friend if u like we can do this together
  • rebeccaaa_elizabeth
    Options

P.S. You should have really offered to hand your rum and Diet Coke over to me before ditching it down the drain. :sad:

My thoughts exactly! :drinker:
  • alvgon85
    alvgon85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck, just keep positive and remember there will be a better you at the end of the journey. :)